BOOKINGS have opened for Beef Central’s 2024 tour of the US, giving the Australian beef business unrivalled entry to all sides of the provision chain of one of many world’s largest beef producing international locations.
A collaborative effort utilizing the mixed contacts of Beef Central and Quadrant Ag Excursions, the journey will give delegates entry to among the newest business data, networking alternatives and the landmarks which have formed the US cattle business and western tradition.
Hosted by well-known cattle business identification Ross Keane, the journey will kick off within the meat packing centre of Chicago earlier than travelling by means of the heartland of the American cattle business in Texas and ending on the world’s largest livestock present in Houston.
Tour highlights embrace:
- Pitchfork Land and Cattle Co – in operation since 1883
- The long-lasting J D Hudgins Ranch and its Brahman herd
- Conferences with the Texas Cattle Feeders’ Affiliation and Micro Beef Applied sciences
- A go to to Texas Tech College’s Nationwide Ranching Centre
- A day on the Houston Inventory Present and Rodeo
- Assembly at McDonald’s World Headquarters in Chicago (pending affirmation)
- Networking alternatives on the Worldwide Livestock Congress 2024 in Houston
Mr Keane mentioned he was most trying ahead to the Houston Livestock Present – which final 12 months noticed a led-steer promote for US$1m. The week the tour arrives is the Worldwide Brahman Present.
“The Houston Livestock Present has been on my bucket checklist for a long-time. Having been to dozens of economic cattle operations and feedlots in Texas, all of them inform me that it’s the one place I have to go,” he mentioned.
“It’s America’s equal of Beef Australia – different reveals are good, however it’s the one the place the intense beef producers go.”
Mr Keane mentioned there can be no scarcity of feedlots, processors and business cattle operations travelling by means of the Texas panhandle.
“Texas Tech College can also be spectacular, most individuals depart there considering ‘why don’t we have now one thing like this in Australia’,” he mentioned.
“There’s additionally mixture of operations, among the locations we’re visiting are company cattle corporations and among the others are smaller household operations.”
- The tour will depart Chicago on Sunday February 18 and end in Houston on Saturday March 2. For extra data click here