This Chocolate Espresso Pound Cake is a wealthy, moist chocolate pound cake recipe topped with silky chocolate espresso ganache!
Love espresso? Be certain that to attempt my Double Chocolate Mocha Cookies too!
This Espresso Pound Cake is made in partnership with Imperial Sugar. Click here for the full recipe.
This Is A Scrumptious Chocolate Espresso Pound Cake Recipe!
Searching for a wealthy, moist, completely chocolate pound cake with a touch of espresso on your morning caffeine repair? I’ve received you coated right this moment! This cake is extremely scrumptious, topped with a silky chocolate espresso ganache that may make you wish to curl up in your sofa with a blanket and a candle.
Espresso Pound Cake Substances:
For the complete listing of substances and recipe directions hope over to Imperial Sugar!
- Brewed espresso or very robust espresso
- Granulated sugar
- Massive eggs
- Vanilla extract
- Kosher salt
- Baking powder
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- All function flour
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 10- cup Bundt cake pan
- Baking spray
- Espresso Powder or Prompt Espresso
- For the complete recipe click on HERE.
- Cake: Preheat the oven to 325°F. Generously coat a ten – 12 cup bundt pan with baking spray. Put aside.
- Combine the espresso and the buttermilk collectively, put aside.
- Within the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter and sugar collectively on medium velocity for five minutes till mild and fluffy.
- Add within the eggs one by one, mixing till mixed, scraping the edges of the bowl as crucial. Add within the vanilla, salt, baking powder, and cocoa powder and blend till mixed and clean.
- Flip the mixer to low and add within the flour and buttermilk combination in alternating additions, starting and ending with the flour. Combine till simply mixed, scraping the edges of the bowl to make sure combination is evenly mixed. Stir within the chocolate chips if utilizing.
- Pour the batter into the ready pan. Bake for 60 – 70 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clear.
- Permit the cake to chill within the pan for 20 minutes, after which loosen the cake from the edges of the pan utilizing a butter knife. Invert the cake onto a wire rack or lake plate to chill utterly.
How Do You Make the Chocolate Espresso Ganache?
- Chopped semi-sweet chocolate or good high quality chocolate chips. Since this chocolate makes up the ganache and must soften easily I like to recommend utilizing a top quality chocolate!
- Espresso powder
- Heavy cream
- Chop the chocolate and place that in a bowl with the espresso powder.
- Warmth the butter and cream in a saucepan till it’s sizzling and begins steaming, however not boiling.
- Pour the recent cream on high of the chocolate and stir till melted and clean.
- Permit the ganache to chill for a minimum of 20 minutes to thicken after which pour on the cake.
What Is Espresso Powder?
Espresso powder is a finely floor on the spot espresso that’s primarily used for baking. It isn’t the identical factor as floor espresso as a result of it’s meant to dissolve, which is why it’s extra like an on the spot espresso or on the spot espresso. BUT if a pinch you possibly can completely use floor espresso as a replacement, simply understand it gained’t dissolve like espresso powder! You can too sub in on the spot espresso in it’s place, as that’s meant to dissolve as properly, it simply gained’t be fairly as robust!
You should buy Espresso Powder HERE.
What If You Don’t Like Espresso?
Effectively, when you don’t just like the espresso taste, this may not be the recipe for you, however observe that you may make this with out the espresso as properly. As an alternative of the brewed espresso within the cake, use water, and easily omit the espresso powder within the ganache!
How To Serve This Espresso Bundt Cake
You’ll be able to take pleasure in pound cake at nearly anytime of the day! With a cup of espresso, as a mid-afternoon candy deal with, or for dessert! It’s scrumptious by itself or with a scoop of ice cream!