This Chocolate Oreo Cake is to die for. Three layers of moist chocolate cake are crammed and frosted with chocolaty, Oreo-packed buttercream, plus extra Oreos are layered between the cake layers. It’s an Oreo lover’s dream.
Wealthy & Decadent Chocolate Oreo Cake
I’m such a giant fan of desserts made with Oreos, as you possibly can see with from all my dessert recipes made with Oreos. The flavour is simply so good. This cake combines the great Oreo cookie with cake and chocolate. The result’s one scrumptious dessert that’s nothing wanting a dream come true.
Three layers of tender, moist chocolate cake are stacked on prime of each other, stuffed with thick layers of fluffy, Oreo-filled buttercream. Between every cake layer there’s additionally extra chopped Oreos! There’s no scarcity of Oreo taste on this cake! It’s then frosted with extra Oreo buttercream, drizzled with a wealthy chocolate ganache, and adorned with buttercream swirls and entire Oreos. It’s virtually irresistible.
And even higher – it’s tremendous simple to make! The chocolate cake itself is my traditional chocolate cake recipe that’s tremendous moist and will get into the oven in about 10 minutes. The buttercream can be a traditional vanilla buttercream that’s simple to make – you simply need to grind up the Oreos to taste it!
Why You’ll Love This Chocolate Cake with Oreo Buttercream
Chocolate cake plus Oreos? What’s to not love!? Listed here are a few of my favourite issues about this scrumptious dessert.
- Full of Oreos. If you happen to love Oreos as a lot as I do, that is the cake for you. The recipe makes use of a complete package deal of those scrumptious sandwich cookies. Between the frosting and the garnish, you’ll not miss an Oreo in a single chew.
- The cake is so moist. The layers of cake themselves are among the moistest ever. Your seek for the right chocolate cake is over. It’s superb.
- No fancy mixing technique. Some muffins require numerous fancy whipping, fluffing, and folding. Not this one. Simply combine all the things collectively proper within the bowl. It’s so simple as that.
What You’ll Want
Here’s a checklist of elements you have to to make this decadent, Oreo-filled chocolate layer cake. Don’t overlook to scroll to the recipe card beneath for actual measurements.
- All-purpose flour – Be happy to make use of your favourite 1:1 gluten-free substitute as a substitute.
- Pure unsweetened cocoa powder – You need to use dutch processed cocoa powder for a extra bitter chocolate taste.
- Baking soda – For the optimum rise and cake texture.
- Salt – For taste. Don’t depart it out.
- Massive eggs – It’s best if the eggs are at room temperature. They are going to incorporate into the batter extra simply, serving to to forestall over-mixing.
- Milk – For extra moisture and fats.
- Vegetable oil – For a brilliant moist cake.
- Vanilla extract – For a little bit further taste.
- Boiling water – The new water will assist the flavors within the cocoa powder “bloom”, yielding a extra highly effective chocolate taste.
- Butter – The butter ought to be at room temperature.
- Powdered sugar – For quantity and consistency.
- Oreo crumbs – To taste the buttercream. I wish to put my Oreos in a meals processor and grind into crumbs.
- Vanilla extract – Additionally for taste.
- Heavy cream – To offer the frosting creaminess and the perfect consistency.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heavy whipping cream
The best way to Make Chocolate Oreo Cake
Cake. Buttercream. Ganache. Simply three easy elements and also you’ll be able to assemble probably the greatest layer muffins on the planet. Right here’s tips on how to do it. Be certain to scroll to the recipe card beneath for extra detailed directions.
- Prep. Preheat the oven to 300 levels F, line the underside of three 8-inch cake pans with parchment paper circles, and grease the perimeters.
- Make the cake batter. Whisk collectively the dry elements. Add eggs, milk, and vegetable oil and blend to mix. Add vanilla to the boiling water and blend into the batter.
- Bake. Divide batter between the three cake pans and bake for 30-33 minutes. Permit the muffins to chill for 5-10 minutes earlier than turning them out onto a cooling rack to chill utterly.
- Beat the butter till easy.
- Combine in half of the powdered sugar adopted by the vanilla and Oreo crumbs. Combine in the remainder of the powdered sugar. Slowly combine within the heavy cream till you get a easy consistency.
- Put aside 3 1/2 cups of the buttercream and add chopped Oreos to the remaining.
- Flatten the muffins. Use a serrated knife to take away the cake domes.
- Stack and fill. Place first layer of cake on cake plate and unfold half of the icing with chopped Oreos on prime in a fair layer. Repeat with the second cake and the second half of the icing with Oreos. Prime with the final cake layer.
- Frost the skin of the cake with the remaining frosting.
- Make the chocolate ganache. Warmth the heavy whipping cream till it begins to boil. Pour it over the chocolate chips. Permit it to take a seat for 2-3 minutes and whisk till easy.
- End the cake. Drizzle the chocolate ganache across the fringe of the cake and unfold the rest excessive. Permit the ganache to agency up earlier than piping the rest of the frosting across the prime fringe of the cake. Add Oreos between swirls.
Can This Chocolate Layer Cake Be Ready in Advance?
Sure! You’ll be able to put together the entire parts for this cake (except for the ganache) upfront. Bake the muffins, permit them to chill, and retailer them in an air-tight container or cake service (or wrap them in clear wrap) till you’re able to assemble the cake. It’s also possible to make the buttercream a day or two upfront as long as you retailer it in an hermetic container within the fridge.
If you end up able to get pleasure from this scrumptious dessert, carry your buttercream to room temperature (it’ll be very exhausting straight out of the fridge). Then all you need to do is stack, fill, frost, and enhance the cake.
Suggestions for Success
Layer muffins can really feel intimidating, I get it. Relaxation assured, although. This chocolate Oreo cake will end up completely if you happen to comply with a couple of easy suggestions and methods.
- Measure rigorously. Particularly the flour. If you happen to don’t have a food scale, I like to recommend spooning the flour into the measuring cup and leveling it.
- Room temperature elements. The eggs within the cake batter in addition to the butter within the buttercream ought to be at room temperature earlier than starting. The eggs will incorporate into the batter extra simply, stopping you from over-mixing. Beginning with room-temperature butter will set you up for a easy, creamy buttercream versus a lumpy one.
- Don’t over-mix the batter. Over-mixing the batter will trigger the glutens within the flour to overdevelop providing you with a tricky, overly dense cake.
- Frost with ease. Take a look at my tutorial for tips on how to frost a easy cake whereas the cake is cooling.
- Research up on tips on how to make the right chocolate ganache.
This chocolate layer cake is magnificent by itself however that doesn’t imply you possibly can’t doll it up with a topping or two or wash it down with a scrumptious beverage. Listed here are a few of my favourite methods to serve it.
The best way to Retailer Leftovers
If you end up with leftovers, retailer this cake in an hermetic cake carrier within the fridge for as much as 4 days. No cake service? No drawback. Wrap the cake in a double layer of saran wrap and retailer it within the fridge. Use toothpicks to prop the plastic away from the cake decorations. Already sliced it? Organize the slices in a single layer in an hermetic container and retailer them within the fridge.
If you wish to freeze the cake, achieve this earlier than assembling it. Wrap the cooled cake layers in clear wrap and aluminum foil and retailer them within the freezer for as much as 3 months. If you end up able to get pleasure from, permit the layers to thaw within the fridge earlier than stacking, frosting, and adorning.
Extra Oreo Cake Recipes:
I really like Oreos. And I really like cake. So naturally, I’ve accomplished my greatest to dream up as many muffins that includes Oreos as my creativeness will permit. Listed here are a few of my favorites.
Watch How To Make Oreo Cake
This Chocolate Oreo Cake is to die for! A moist chocolate cake filled with Oreo icing! And never simply any Oreo icing – it’s FULL of crushed up Oreos. An Oreo lover’s dream.
- 2 cups (260g) all-purpose flour (measured correctly)
- 2 cups (414g) sugar
- 3/4 cup (85g) pure unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 giant eggs
- 1 cup (240ml) milk
- 1 cup (240ml) vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (240ml) boiling water
- 3 cups (672g) unsalted butter
- 8–9 cups (920g-1035g) powdered sugar
- 3 cups (414g) Oreo crumbs (about 33 Oreos)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6–7 tbsp (90ml-105ml) heavy cream
- pinch of salt
- 12 Oreos, chopped
- 6 oz (1 cup | 169g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (120ml) heavy whipping cream
- Oreos, elective
NOTE: You’ll want at the least one full package deal of Oreos. If you happen to plan to brighten the skin of the cake with extra Oreos, as proven, you would possibly want a second package deal.
- Put together three 8 inch cake pans with parchment paper circles within the backside, and grease the perimeters.
- Add all dry elements to a big bowl and whisk collectively.
- Add eggs, milk and vegetable oil to the dry elements and blend effectively.
- Add vanilla to boiling water and add to combination. Combine effectively.
- Divide batter between three muffins pans and bake at 300 levels for about 30-33 minutes, or till a toothpick comes out with a couple of crumbs.
- Take away muffins from oven and permit to chill for about 10 minutes, then take away to cooling racks to chill utterly.
- Make icing whereas muffins cool. Beat collectively butter till easy.
- Slowly add 4 cups of powdered sugar and blend till easy.
- Add vanilla, Oreo crumbs and salt and blend till easy.
- Add one other 4-5 cups of powdered sugar and blend till easy. Add water or milk till you get a easy consistency.
- Put aside about 3 1/2 cups of icing for the filling contained in the cake and add chopped Oreos, if utilizing.
- As soon as muffins are cool, take away cake domes from prime with a big serrated knife.
- Place first layer of cake on cake plate. Unfold 1/2 of the icing with the chopped Oreos on prime in a fair layer.
- Add second layer of cake and add the remainder of the of icing with chopped Oreos on prime in a fair layer.
- Add last layer of cake on prime and frost the skin of the cake with remaining frosting. Be happy to make use of my tutorial for tips on how to frost a easy cake.
- To make the chocolate ganache, add the chocolate chips to a medium sized bowl (see my recommendations on making chocolate ganache).
- Warmth the heavy whipping cream simply till it begins to boil, then pour it over the chocolate chips. Permit it to take a seat for 2-3 minutes, then whisk till easy.
- Drizzle the chocolate ganache across the fringe of the cake, then pour the rest of the ganache on prime of the cake and unfold evenly. I like to make use of a squeeze bottle for drizzling across the edges.
- Permit the ganache to agency up a bit, then pipe the rest of the frosting across the prime fringe of the cake (see my recommendations on making a chocolate drip cake) and add an Oreo between every swirl. I used Ateco tip 844.
- Sprinkle a couple of Oreo crumbs onto to the cake, if desired, then serve. Cake is greatest when effectively lined for 3-4 days.
Be happy to scale back the general quantity of buttercream if you happen to plan on adorning your cake in a different way. I exploit a good quantity based mostly on my technique of tips on how to enhance a easy cake (linked within the recipe directions above).
- Serving Measurement: 1 Slice
- Energy: 995
- Sugar: 93.8 g
- Sodium: 398 mg
- Fats: 60.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 114.7 g
- Protein: 5.7 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 79.1 mg
Key phrases: chocolate oreo cake, chocolate cake with oreo buttercream, chocolate layer cake, oreo cake
Get pleasure from!