When trying on the components (solely 9!) for these flourless peanut butter oatmeal cookies, you’ll discover the obtrusive absence of baking’s 2 major gamers: butter and flour. That’s proper, these naturally gluten-free cookies come along with peanut butter, eggs, and oats as the bottom, plus scrumptious flavorings and chocolate chips. They’re so flavorful and comfortable that you simply received’t miss a factor!
The mix of peanut butter and chocolate is fairly arduous to beat, and I’m not even bothered if I’m getting the repair from a spoonful of peanut butter with chocolate chips dotted on prime. (You do this too generally, proper?)
However… cookies are rather more attractive. I initially revealed this recipe in 2014, and have made a number of slight updates since. The cookies aren’t almost as crumbly, and the peanut butter taste shines! The recipe under displays my updates.
A batch of immediately’s gluten-free flourless peanut butter oatmeal cookies rival any conventional peanut butter cookies, but they don’t include flour, butter, or added oil. They’re all the time a crowd-pleasing deal with, boasting the identical nice taste and texture that I like in my butter- and gluten-containing peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. A cookie miracle if there ever was one.
Right here’s Why You’ll Love These Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies:
- Full of hearty oats, peanut butter, and chocolate chips
- Chewy on the perimeters with comfortable facilities
- Created from solely 9 easy components
- Fast and simple to organize—solely half-hour of dough-chilling time
- No mixer required!
- Gluten-free recipe if utilizing licensed gluten-free oats
- Dairy-free recipe if utilizing dairy-free chocolate chips
Seize These 9 Substances
With solely 9 components, it’s essential to comply with the recipe carefully for one of the best outcomes. Don’t get nervous, I’m not changing the flour and butter with something loopy. These are all easy components that you could be have already got readily available.
- Oats: Identical to I like to recommend for traditional oatmeal raisin cookies, it’s finest to make use of old school complete rolled oats. Fast oats are extra powdery and might go away your cookies tasting dry. (When you solely have fast oats, you could possibly strive my chocolate peanut butter no-bake cookies as a substitute. They’re nice with both sort of oats, and are additionally gluten free!)
- Cinnamon: Simply 1/4 teaspoon provides a delicate heat.
- Baking Soda: To assist the cookies rise.
- Salt & Vanilla: Taste enhancers, all the time appreciated!
- Eggs: Eggs present construction and bind the components collectively.
- Peanut Butter: I do know there are tons of peanut butter choices on the market. Make sure to overview the following part, Selecting Your Peanut Butter: Dos & Don’ts, earlier than you get began.
- Brown Sugar: For somewhat little bit of sweetness. You should use common granulated sugar in a pinch, however you’ll lose that cozy molasses taste (and a few moisture!) that brown sugar supplies.
- Chocolate Chips: I attain for semi-sweet right here—my go-to for chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, and double chocolate chip cookies. Be at liberty to make use of milk chocolate, darkish chocolate, peanut butter chips, or your favourite sort of baking chips/add-ins as a substitute.
Do you know? Oats are naturally gluten free, however when you’ve got dietary restrictions, be certain they’re licensed gluten free as a result of oats may be packaged in a facility with gluten.
Selecting Your Peanut Butter: Dos & Don’ts
Whereas processed peanut butter (like Jif or Skippy) sometimes makes for one of the best traditional peanut butter cookies, be at liberty to make use of natural-style peanut butter right here. Personally, I like making these cookies with pure peanut butter! Listed below are some Official Peanut Butter Dos & Don’ts that apply immediately. 😉
- DO: stir in any extra oil. If the oil has separated to the highest of the jar of pure peanut butter, stir it again in earlier than measuring out the peanut butter.
- DON’T: use super-cold peanut butter. If it’s too chilly, it is going to be actually tough to combine into the opposite components. Room-temperature peanut butter is the candy spot right here!
- DO: gently press the dough balls down with the again of a spoon or a flat spatula earlier than baking, to provoke the cookies spreading, if utilizing pure peanut butter.
- DON’T: press down on the cookies earlier than baking, if utilizing processed peanut butter.
The cookie dough and baked cookies are somewhat darker when utilizing pure peanut butter.
FAQ: Can I Make These Cookies With Almond Butter?
Sure! You’ll be able to strive these flourless peanut butter oatmeal cookies with the identical quantity of almond butter, sunflower seed butter, or one other nut butter/unfold. Or strive my flourless almond butter cookies as a substitute. (Or darkish chocolate almond butter cookies for you chocolate fanatics! I see you!) A be aware about utilizing sunflower seed butter: Be ready for the within of the cookies to show inexperienced, which is a response between the chlorophyll in sunflower seeds and the baking soda. It’s completely innocent and doesn’t have an effect on the style of the cookies, and it doesn’t imply your cookies went dangerous! (This additionally makes for a enjoyable baking science mission for teenagers, or a St. Patrick’s Day recipe!)
Chill the Cookie Dough for Simply 30 Minutes
This cookie dough advantages from a fast 30-minute chill time earlier than baking. A brief relaxation within the fridge helps the cookies to maintain their form (one in all my prime tricks to stop cookies from spreading). Don’t skip this step! It’s simply sufficient time to preheat your oven, wash the blending bowls, and line your baking sheets. When you’re quick on time and want a no-chill cookie recipe, strive my snickerdoodles or shortbread cookies.
Use about 1.5 Tablespoons (or 30g) of dough per cookie. I like to make use of this medium cookie scoop. Utilizing the again of a spoon, gently flatten the cookie dough rounds, to assist encourage spreading.
Extra Gluten-Free Favorites
For extra gluten-free dessert inspiration, listed below are 40 gluten-free dessert recipes everybody loves. 🙂
You received’t miss the flour and butter in these 9-ingredient flourless peanut butter oatmeal cookies! Make sure to chill the cookie dough within the fridge for half-hour earlier than baking.
- In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Put aside.
- In one other medium bowl, whisk the eggs. With a rubber spatula, combine within the peanut butter, brown sugar, and vanilla till mixed. Pour the dry components into the moist and blend till mixed. (Takes some arm muscle!) Fold within the chocolate chips.
- Cowl and chill the dough within the fridge for half-hour, or as much as 3 days.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line massive baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper.
- Take away the dough from the fridge. When you let the dough chill for greater than 1 hour, let it sit at room temperature for 20 minutes to melt up—the cookies received’t actually unfold in any other case. Scoop the dough, about 1.5 Tablespoons or 30g every (I exploit this medium cookie scoop), onto ready baking sheets. With the again of a spoon, gently press down on the dough rounds to barely flatten them.
- Bake for 12–14 minutes, or till the perimeters are set. The facilities will look very comfortable.
- Cool cookies for 10 minutes on the baking sheet. Throughout this time, I wish to press a number of extra chocolate chips into the tops of the nice and cozy cookies. (That is non-obligatory and just for appears to be like.) Switch to wire rack to chill utterly. The cookies will barely deflate as they cool.
- Cowl leftover cookies tightly and retailer at room temperature for as much as 1 week.
- Make Forward & Freezing Directions: You may make the cookie dough and chill it within the fridge for as much as 3 days. Baked cookies freeze properly for as much as 3 months. Unbaked cookie dough balls freeze properly for as much as 3 months. Bake frozen cookie dough balls for an additional minute, no have to thaw. Right here’s the right way to freeze cookie dough.
- Particular Instruments (affiliate hyperlinks): Baking Sheets | Silicone Baking Mats or Parchment Paper | Glass Mixing Bowls | Whisk | Spatula | Cooling Rack
- Oats: Oats are naturally gluten free, however when you’ve got dietary restrictions, be certain they’re labeled “licensed gluten free” as a result of oats may be packaged in a facility with gluten.
- Peanut Butter: You should use pure or processed peanut butter, however take into accout the feel can be somewhat completely different relying on which sort you utilize. If utilizing pure peanut butter, make sure to stir in any oil that has separated within the jar earlier than measuring it out to make use of on this recipe. If utilizing processed peanut butter, no have to press down on the cookie dough mounds with the again of a spoon earlier than baking as a result of I discover the cookies unfold properly as is.
- Sugar: I’ve efficiently made these cookies with coconut sugar as a substitute of brown sugar.
- Up to date in 2023: I up to date the recipe so the cookies are much less crumbly, rise somewhat extra, and have even higher taste. The recipe above consists of my adjustments. When you’d wish to make the older model, scale back the oats to three/4 cup (64g), the baking soda to 1/2 teaspoon, use just one egg, and pass over the vanilla.
Key phrases: flourless peanut butter oatmeal cookies