The ratio of cereal to marshmallow makes or breaks a rice krispie deal with… actually! For additional gooey and buttery rice krispie treats, use this recipe. The addition of just a little additional butter and marshmallow, plus a splash of vanilla extract and a pinch of salt, makes all of the distinction.
I wasn’t going to publish this recipe as a result of, actually, what number of methods can one make a rice krispie deal with? (Hiya cake batter rice krispie treats and s’mores rice krispie treats from ceaselessly in the past!) The web is flooded with these basic marshmallow-cereal squares, however I figured you may wish to know the way I’ve been making them through the years…? Possibly? Hopefully?
That is, with out query, the easiest way to make rice krispie treats and I’ve just a few methods up my sleeve to ensure that the treats are additional marshmallow-y, additional gooey, additional buttery, additional flavorful, and further AWESOME. I make these every time I would like one thing fast and assured crowd-friendly. In actual fact, I simply served a double batch at an enormous cookout over the weekend. Not a single sq. left.
Crispy rice treats are a very retro dessert and as soon as you’re taking that first chew, you’re immediately reminded why they’re a staple. So good!!
Video Tutorial: The best way to Make Rice Krispie Treats
5 Substances in These Rice Krispie Treats
You solely want 5 easy components for these no-bake squares.
- Butter: Like all good desserts, the bottom of nice rice krispie treats is butter! You want 3/4 cup, which is 170g, or 12 Tablespoons.
- Marshmallows: These krispie treats are additional marshmallow-y with out falling aside. You want two 10-ounce luggage (about 11 heaping cups) of mini marshmallows.
- Vanilla Extract: That is a straightforward addition that turns a great rice krispie deal with into an amazing rice krispie deal with. You solely want 1/2 teaspoon, however what a distinction it makes! Selfmade vanilla extract is superb right here.
- Salt: Salt is one other little taste enhancer I add to my rice krispie treats. Like vanilla extract, salt is a brilliant handy ingredient you have already got in your kitchen, and also you don’t want a lot of it. Only a pinch provides a depth of taste in any other case absent from crispy rice treats.
- Rice Krispies Cereal: What’s a crispy deal with with out rice krispies cereal? The perfect!
Soften the butter and marshmallows in an enormous pot on the range, then take away from warmth and gently stir within the remaining components. I simply use my useful 5.5-quart Dutch oven. Any comparable measurement works nice!
Greatest Ratio of Marshmallow to Cereal
An essential consider a rice krispie deal with recipe is the ratio of marshmallow to cereal. An excessive amount of cereal and the squares will style dry, crunchy, and bland. An excessive amount of marshmallow and the squares will likely be too sticky and collapse. The perfect ratio for a 9×13-inch baking pan is two 10-ounce luggage of mini marshmallows (566g, or about 11 heaping cups) and 9 cups of cereal (270g).
To stop any form of sticking, line your baking pan with greased parchment paper. I simply evenly spray the parchment paper with just a little nonstick spray.
The #1 Trick for Rice Krispie Treats
Would you like an additional buttery melt-in-your-mouth marshmallow sq.? After all you do. With the intention to obtain this, do NOT pack the rice krispie treats down into the baking pan. Use greased fingers or a greased spatula to softly unfold and stretch the combination into the pan, then use a flat spatula to very gently press the combination down. Don’t compact it with pressure, in any other case your treats will likely be skinny and exhausting. As a substitute, simply evenly press the treats down into the pan. Butter the again of a flat spatula or spray with just a little nonstick spray to forestall sticking. Your treats will likely be smooth but crisp and never overly crunchy. 🙂
I like to recommend doing this with my scotcheroos and white chocolate Fortunate Charms treats, too!
That’s principally it! I don’t have to persuade you that rice krispie treats are scrumptious, however I hope you strive these little extras (the vanilla, salt, ratio of marshmallow to cereal) the following time you want a recipe for these marshmallow squares.
Extra No-Bake Desserts
That is our favourite recipe for traditional rice krispie treats. Including just a little additional butter and marshmallow, plus a splash of vanilla extract and a pinch of salt makes all of the distinction! Allow them to set for no less than 1 hour earlier than slicing into squares.
- Line a 9×13-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Evenly grease the parchment. I all the time use a really mild mist of nonstick spray. Put aside.
- Soften the butter over medium warmth in a really giant pot. As soon as melted, add the marshmallows. Stir the combination till the marshmallows are utterly melted.
- Take away from warmth, then instantly stir within the vanilla extract and salt. Lastly, fold within the cereal. Ensure every bit of cereal is coated with the marshmallow combination.
- Switch combination to ready pan. Utilizing a rubber spatula (greasing it evenly helps), gently unfold combination to suit the pan. Evenly grease the again of a flat spatula and really gently press the combination down into the pan. Don't pack it down with pressure, simply evenly press down till it's safe within the pan.
- Enable treats to set for no less than 1 hour at room temperature, and as much as 1 day. Cowl tightly if leaving out for various hours.
- Raise the rice krispie treats as a complete out of the pan utilizing the sides of the parchment paper. Reduce into squares.
- Cowl and retailer leftover treats at room temperature for as much as 3 days. To retailer, place in an hermetic container, with sheets of parchment or wax paper between layers.
- Freezing Directions: Rice krispie treats aren’t the most effective dessert to freeze as a result of the feel isn’t all the time utterly the identical after thawing. That being mentioned, you possibly can nonetheless freeze these squares. Freeze in layers between sheets of parchment or wax paper in a freezer-friendly container for as much as 2 months. Thaw at room temperature earlier than serving.
- Particular Instruments (affiliate hyperlinks): 9×13-inch Baking Pan | Parchment Paper | Giant Pot (corresponding to a Dutch Oven) | Rubber Spatula | Flat Spatula
- If gluten free, test labels to make sure all merchandise are licensed gluten free.
- For the pinch of salt, I all the time add rather less than 1/8 teaspoon.
Tailored from Kellogg’s
Key phrases: rice krispie treats