This one-pan maple glazed salmon for 2 is just BURSTING with taste! It comes collectively so simply in simply half-hour. Serve it with a facet of rice and broccoli for a wholesome and filling meal. Recipe features a how-to video!
Maple Glazed Salmon for Two
Enjoyable reality: after briefly working with me at Arby’s (the place I fell in love with jalapeno poppers), Zach labored as a seafood affiliate at a grocery retailer by way of highschool and school. This maple glazed salmon was the primary meal he ever cooked for me (and my first time consuming salmon). He served it with pineapple and jalapeno over a mattress of rice, and the flavors have been merely superb.
After we received married, this dish shortly moved into our weekly dinner rotation (alongside cajun shrimp pasta), although we by no means had an official recipe for it. We’ve been making it for years now, tweaking it somewhat bit over time, however all the time and not using a recipe. I lastly wrote it down, and I’m so excited to be sharing it right here with you!
Why you’ll adore it:
- Bursting with taste. Sticky maple syrup glaze is flavorful however not too candy because it’s tempered with dijon mustard! It additionally has a tropical flare because of the pineapple + jalapeno!
- One-pan dish! We like to reduce the dishes round right here each time attainable.
- Fast and simple. Did I point out it’s prepared in underneath half-hour?
- Versatile. Pairs properly with so many sides (solutions beneath)
- Lighter, wholesome dinner possibility.
- Minimal elements. Solely 9, however regardless of that you simply nonetheless get intense, deep taste that’ll have you ever wanting seconds.
- Doubles simply. In case you need to feed a crowd.
What You Want
We’re protecting the elements to a minimal right here on this straightforward salmon recipe, however the few we use come collectively to create LOTS of taste! Right here’s what you want:
- Salmon. Wild-caught salmon is my choice right here for the perfect taste. Thaw your fish beforehand should you select to make use of frozen salmon; right here’s a guide on how to thaw salmon safely. Word that this recipe makes one pound of salmon. You can in all probability do 1.5 lbs with the quantity of sauce it makes, however you have to to extend the sauce should you’re doing any greater than that.
- Maple syrup. Please by no means make this recipe with pancake syrup! Whereas you should use the 2 interchangeably in my worst chocolate chip cookies, you can not right here. In my newlywed days, I as soon as substituted pancake syrup out of desperation, and the ultimate dish was virtually inedible.
- Dijon mustard. This tempers the sweetness of the sauce and provides a stunning depth of taste. Don’t use common yellow mustard; it needs to be dijon.
- Pineapple. That is technically non-obligatory, however I extremely suggest making an attempt the recipe with it at the least as soon as. I favor recent pineapple chunks and suggest them, however canned can work in a pinch.
- Jalapeno. Additionally non-obligatory, however once more, strive the recipe with it at the least as soon as! I like the slight warmth the jalapeno provides, and it goes SO properly with the tropical pineapple.
What I don’t use: Soy sauce! Many salmon recipes incorporate soy sauce and I’m simply not personally a fan, so I’m comfortable to share such a flavorful salmon dish that doesn’t use soy sauce!
SAM’S TIP: Garnishing your salmon with some recent herbs, like cilantro or parsley, is all the time a good suggestion!
Bear in mind, that is simply an outline of the elements I used and why. For the complete recipe please scroll right down to the underside of the publish!
How you can Make Maple Glazed Salmon
- Prep the salmon by patting it dry and seasoning with salt and pepper on either side.
- Make the sauce by stirring collectively the maple syrup, paprika, mustard, garlic, and jalapeno. Pour this into a ten″ skillet over medium warmth and cook dinner till warmed by way of — it solely takes a couple of minutes.
- Add the salmon to the skillet, ensuring it’s pores and skin facet down. Ladle the sauce over the salmon because it cooks.
- Add the pineapple to the pan when the salmon is sort of cooked by way of.
- Place the skillet underneath the broiler. After 1-2 minutes, take away the skillet from the oven, ladle extra sauce excessive of the salmon, then return to the oven till cooked by way of. Basting the salmon like this helps create a thick layer of that sticky glaze and provides the dish such a great taste.
- Serve instantly with sides of your alternative (solutions beneath!).
SAM’S TIP: The type of salmon you are using will dictate it’s remaining cooking temperature. Prepare dinner farm raised salmon to 125F, and cook dinner wild caught salmon to 120F. This instant read thermometer is my favourite, in case it’s essential add one to your kitchen instruments.
Ceaselessly Requested Questions
Salmon is filled with wholesome fat, protein, nutritional vitamins, and minerals. This dish retains the extra elements to a minimal however remains to be large on taste. Whereas “wholesome” is a subjective time period and the maple syrup provides (unrefined) sugar, I personally contemplate it to be wholesome. AND it’s tasty.
In search of wholesome sides? Pair your maple glazed salmon with candy potatoes or brussels sprouts!
Whereas basting the salmon with the sauce helps, the important thing right here is to not overcook your fish. Prepare dinner the salmon till it flakes simply with a fork (or reaches the correct inside temperature listed above), then instantly take away it from the oven.
Love the tropical flare on this dish? Attempt my coconut shrimp, key lime pie, and island cookies subsequent!
Take pleasure in!
Let’s bake collectively! I’ll be strolling you thru all of the steps in my written recipe and video beneath! In case you do that recipe, make sure you tag me on Instagram, and you can too discover me on YouTube and Facebook
Maple Glazed Salmon
Servings: 2 servings (recipe scales simply)
Forestall your display screen from going darkish
Pat salmon with paper towels and season throughout with salt and pepper. Put aside.
1 lb (454 g) salmon, Salt and pepper
Whisk collectively maple syrup, mustard, jalapeno, garlic, and paprika till well-combined.
½ cup (118 ml) pure maple syrup, 2 Tablespoons dijon mustard, 2 Tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno, 2 teaspoons minced garlic, ¼ teaspoon paprika
Set a ten” skillet over medium warmth. Add syrup combination and warmth till heat, about 1-2 minutes.
Add salmon, skinned facet down, to pan. Use a spoon to ladle the maple sauce over the floor of the salmon periodically because it cooks.
As soon as salmon is usually cooked by way of (about 6 minutes), add pineapple to the pan in a fair layer and switch skillet to broiler.
1 cup (250 g) pineapple chunks
Broil till salmon is cooked by way of (salmon ought to flake simply with a fork). To create a greater glaze coating, take away the skillet from the broiler after 1 or 2 minutes and ladle sauce over once more earlier than returning to oven.
Serve instantly, we serve ours with rice and broccoli.
Serving: 1serving | Energy: 629kcal | Carbohydrates: 76g | Protein: 47g | Fats: 15g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 6g | Monounsaturated Fats: 5g | Ldl cholesterol: 125mg | Sodium: 274mg | Potassium: 1517mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 66g | Vitamin A: 446IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 151mg | Iron: 3mg
Dietary info is predicated on third-party calculations and must be thought of an estimate solely. Precise dietary content material will fluctuate based mostly upon manufacturers used, measuring strategies, cooking technique, portion sizes, and extra.
Extra 30-minute Meals: