Moist, buttery matcha cake is a beautiful inexperienced shade with a delicate taste of inexperienced tea. I’ve topped all of it off with a creamy strawberry frosting! That is the right springtime cake!
Ensure that to attempt my Matcha Shortbread Cookies too!
This publish is in partnership with my mates at Imperial Sugar. CLICK HERE for the complete recipe.
Inexperienced Tea Matcha Cake with Strawberry Frosting
This attractive cake is ideal for spring! The inexperienced tea matcha cake paired with the pale pink strawberry buttercream can be excellent on any Easter desk or brunch. OR in case you are a matcha lover, for anytime of the yr!
What To Anticipate:
- A fantastically inexperienced, inexperienced tea flavored sheet cake with a delicate sweetness.
- Straightforward to make in a 9×13 pan OR as a layer cake in 2 8- inch spherical cake pans.
- Moist texture.
- Carried out rapidly and might be served on a cake plate or proper out of your 9×13 baking pan!
What Is Matcha?
Matcha’s literal translation is “powdered tea”. Whenever you make inexperienced tea you steep the leaves into scorching water and take away the tea bag (or leaves) from the water and luxuriate in! With Matcha Inexperienced Tea the leaves are pulverized and whisked into the water or milk so you might be truly ingesting the leaves. You’ll be able to add the matcha powder proper into the cake batter which naturally colours the cake or baked good a wonderful inexperienced shade whereas giving it the delicate taste of inexperienced tea!
Selecting The Proper Frosting for This Cake
I like the matcha paired with strawberry frosting, however you may completely combine it up and use one thing completely different! Listed here are a couple of concepts:
- Buttercream. A easy, vanilla buttercream frosting would pair fantastically with this cake! And I occur to have the most effective recipe on the market!
- White Chocolate Buttercream. White chocolate can be a tremendous pair with matcha! I’ve linked up my recipe for my white chocolate that features a white chocolate frosting recipe too!
- Chocolate Frosting. My creamy chocolate frosting is superb, and it will be a scrumptious topping for this matcha cake!
- Heritage Frosting. This cooked frosting is an quaint deal with! My mother used to at all times frost her crimson velvet cake with Heritage Frosting
Substances You’ll Want:
For the complete ingredient record and recipe CLICK HERE.
- Butter at room temperature
- Granulated sugar
- Massive eggs
- Vanilla extract
- Baking powder
- Kosher salt
- Matcha powder
- All function flour
- Butter at room temperature
- Strawberry preserves. You could possibly additionally use strawberry jam or strawberry jelly. Preserves has items of fruit all through, so in the event you don’t love that, you need to use jam which could have seeds, or jelly that received’t!
- Powdered sugar
How To Make Matcha Cake:
For the complete recipe and directions CLICK HERE.
- Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9×13- inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Put aside. You may as well line your pan with parchment paper, spray and put aside or grease your pan with butter.
- Place the butter and sugar within the massive bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Combine for two minutes till mild and fluffy. Add within the eggs, one by one, mixing till easy, scraping the perimeters and backside of the bowl as obligatory.
- With mixer nonetheless on medium, add within the vanilla, baking powder, salt, and matcha powder. Combine for 1 minute till mixed.
- Flip the mixer all the way down to low and add within the flour and milk in alternating additions, starting and ending with flour. Combine till simply mixed.
- Unfold the cake batter into the ready pan and bake for 30 – 35 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted within the heart comes out clear.
- Switch pan to a wire rack to chill utterly.
- Frosting: Within the clear bowl of your stand mixer or hand mixer fitted with the paddle or whisk attachment combine the butter and jam collectively on medium velocity till mixed. Flip mixer to low and slowly add the powdered sugar till mixed. Flip the mixer as much as medium and blend for two minutes till easy and creamy.
- Unfold the frosting on the cooled cake with an offset spatula or rubber spatula.
- Retailer this cake hermetic at room temperature for as much as 3 days. You may as well refrigerate it for as much as 5 days in the event you choose. Merely cowl the baking pan with plastic wrap tightly!
- Ensure that to retailer this hermetic. Matcha can oxidize if overlooked, inflicting the inexperienced shade to uninteresting, leaving you with a extra brown-green shade. The cake will nonetheless style completely wonderful, but it surely received’t be as vibrant and fairly!
- I like the strawberry frosting on this cake and by no means have any further, however in the event you prefer to go mild handed, simply retailer the remaining frosting within the freezer for as much as 30 days! Or you may refrigerate it for as much as 5 days.
- If you need to, you too can use cake flour on this cake. Simply enhance the quantity by 2 tablespoons.
- I take advantage of culinary grade matcha powder in baking, however you need to use ceremonial grade matcha in the event you choose. It actually isn’t obligatory in baking, because the delicate nuances in taste aren’t detectable in muffins and cookies. Plus it prices a bit extra and there’s no want!