Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies are made with only a teaspoon and a half of dough for tiny, one-bite cookies! They’re tender, chewy, and completely portioned for snacking. Recipe features a how-to video!
Itty Bitty Chocolate Chip Cookies
At simply hardly greater than teaspoon in measurement, these mini chocolate chip cookies are virtually too cute to eat. They style similar to common chocolate chip cookies, however are chew sized and oh-so irresistible.
This time of 12 months, so many individuals ditch the sugar and resolve to eat more healthy meals. Whereas I don’t actually do well being meals on the weblog, I’m excited to supply a deal with that gained’t wreck anybody’s resolutions (as long as you solely have one or two!). These aren’t as low-calorie as my meringue cookies nor are they as wholesome as my roasted brussels sprouts… however they’re nonetheless modestly indulgent with lower than 50 energy a pop. I feel that’s about as wholesome because it will get round right here 😉
No matter your purpose for making them, you’re going to utterly love these cookies. They’re tender and chewy, flavored with vanilla and loads of mini chocolate chips, and completely buttery.
Why you’ll love my recipe:
- Stays tender and chewy, due to my favourite cookie baking approach.
- Makes use of melted butter for straightforward mixing.
- You may make the dough can as much as 5 days prematurely or freeze it.
- Simply half an hour to sit back!
What You Want
You want simply 10 components to make these lovable cookies! Listed below are the necessities:
- Melted butter. I take advantage of unsalted butter, although you might use salted and simply cut back the salt to ¼ teaspoon. Ensure that to soften your butter, but in addition let it cool sufficient that it doesn’t soften your sugars. In case your butter is simply too scorching, your cookie dough might unfold throughout your baking sheet.
- Brown sugar. I like to make use of a mix of darkish and lightweight brown sugar (plus granulated!) for probably the most flavorful cookies.
- Flour. Ensure you know easy methods to measure flour correctly, or your cookie dough might prove too dry and crumbly.
- Chocolate chips. You possibly can’t make mini cookies with out mini chips! Mini chocolate chips distribute very well all through the cookies with out overwhelming them. I additionally generally wish to toss in just a few regular-sized semisweet chips as properly, however I don’t advocate utilizing all common chips.
SAM’S TIP: Whilst you don’t essentially want a particular cookie dough scoop for these cookies, having the precise one will make the job of scooping them a lot simpler (and this recipe makes 70 cookies, in order that’s plenty of scooping!). I take advantage of this cookie scoop from Amazon. It’s a 1 ½ teaspoon scoop, which is the precise measurement you want for this recipe, and it makes fast work of the the scooping course of.
Keep in mind, that is simply an outline of the components I used and why. For the complete recipe please scroll right down to the underside of the submit!
How you can Make Them
- Mix butter and sugars – Soften the butter and let it cool till now not heat to the contact, then stir within the sugars.
- Add egg and vanilla – Stir within the egg and vanilla till absolutely mixed.
- Stir within the dry components – Whisk collectively the dry components in a separate bowl, then regularly add them to the moist components.
- Add the chips – Fold within the chocolate chips till they’re properly distributed all through the dough.
- Cowl and chill – Cowl the dough with plastic wrap and let it chill for no less than half-hour.
- Scoop and bake – Scoop the dough by 1 ½ teaspoon-sized balls (rolling if desired) and bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 6-8 minutes at 350. Let the cookies cool on their baking sheets earlier than having fun with.
SAM’S TIP: Rolling the dough between your palms is elective, but it surely does make for uniform wanting cookies. I additionally like to order some chocolate chips for urgent into the tops of the cookies after they arrive out of the oven–it offers them a bakery-style look!
Incessantly Requested Questions
Sure! This dough might be made and saved within the fridge as much as 5 days prematurely. Simply be sure that to cowl it properly (or switch to an hermetic container) earlier than chilling. Should you’d wish to freeze your cookie dough, comply with the directions in my easy methods to freeze cookie dough submit.
As written, this recipe barely underbakes the cookies within the oven to allow them to end baking on their sheets and prove tender and chewy. For crispier cookies, you’ll be able to simply bake your cookies a bit longer than indicated right here, and they need to crisp up properly.
Additionally, in the event you’re a fan of crispy cookies, I do have a perfected (full measurement) skinny & crispy chocolate chip cookie recipe you’ll be able to attempt!
Brown sugar is integral to the flavour and texture of those cookies, so I don’t advocate making them with out it.
That being mentioned, in the event you ran out of brown sugar, you can also make your personal at dwelling! I’ve a submit on easy methods to make brown sugar that particulars how to do that (it’s fast and simple!).
Whereas I often choose my desserts full-sized, I’ll at all times make an exception for these cookies ❤️
Take pleasure in!
Let’s bake collectively! I’ll be strolling you thru all of the steps in my written recipe and video beneath! Should you do that recipe, make sure you tag me on Instagram, and it’s also possible to discover me on YouTube and Facebook
Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
Servings: 70 cookies
Forestall your display from going darkish
Mix melted, cooled butter and sugars in a big bowl and stir till well-combined.
Add egg and vanilla extract and stir properly.
In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk collectively flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Steadily add flour combination to moist components, stirring till fully mixed, then stir in chocolate chips.
Cowl bowl tightly with plastic wrap and switch to the fridge to sit back for no less than half-hour and as much as 5 days.
As soon as dough has chilled, preheat oven to 350F (175C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Put aside.
Scoop dough by rounded 1 ½ teaspoon-sized scoop onto ready cookie sheets, putting no less than 1″ aside. I wish to roll my cookies between my palms into balls after scooping them in order that they bake very uniform and spherical, however this isn’t essential.
Bake on 350F (175C) for 6-8 minutes — cookies should still appear barely tender within the facilities, that’s OK, they may prepare dinner fully on the cookie sheets. Don’t over-bake or your cookies will probably be too laborious.
Enable to chill fully on cookie sheets.
Serving: 1cookie | Energy: 48kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fats: 2g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 1g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 35mg | Potassium: 22mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 46IU | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 1mg
Dietary data relies on third-party calculations and ought to be thought-about an estimate solely. Precise dietary content material will differ primarily based upon manufacturers used, measuring strategies, cooking technique, portion sizes, and extra.
This recipe was initially printed in 2018 and meant to be a low-calorie/low-sugar recipe, however quite a few folks felt that the cookies weren’t candy sufficient. I’ve since up to date the recipe to make the cookies extra in alignment with the basic baked items you’re used to round right here they usually style similar to conventional chocolate chip cookies, solely in miniature type!