Nobody will imagine these no-bake chocolate fudge oat bars didn’t come out of a sweet bar wrapper! Take pleasure in a pleasant mixture of chewy-crispy-crunchy textures and salty-sweet chocolate-peanut butter flavors in each chew. They’re a simple, more healthy deal with recipe (nicely, in comparison with chocolate cake!) that you just’ll wish to make many times.
This recipe has lived on my web site since 2012, and after making the no-bake bars for the one centesimal time, I made a decision they wanted some new images, and easier-to-understand directions. Whereas a lot has modified within the final decade, the recipe for these extremely irresistible bars has stood the take a look at of time.
Constituted of pantry staples like oats, coconut oil, peanut butter, maple syrup, and chocolate chips, and textured with crisp rice cereal, crunchy nuts, and chewy plump raisins… I swear there should be some Willy Wonka magic in these bars to show such easy components into one thing that tastes like a sweet bar.
Reader Sandy commented: “These are SO scrumptious!! I get so many requests for the recipe each time I make them. I additionally add just a little chia seed and any additional dried fruit I can discover. ★★★★★”
Reader Lisa commented: “I made these right this moment and the entire household liked them. My add-ins have been coconut, pecans, and dried cranberries. My 7-year-old favored them a lot, she requested them for her birthday! ★★★★★”
Why You’ll Love These No-Bake Chocolate Fudge Oat Bars
- Tastes like a sweet bar—nobody will imagine it’s a more healthy deal with
- Simple no-bake recipe comes collectively in 10 minutes
- Gluten free if utilizing licensed GF oats and rice crisp cereal
- Dairy free and vegan if utilizing non-dairy chocolate chips
- Select your favourite granola bar add-ins, like nuts and dried fruit
- Chewy, crispy, crunchy, comfortable—it’s texture paradise
- Good steadiness of salty and candy, and oh-so-chocolatey!
Suppose Chewy Granola Bar Meets Crispy Chocolate Bar…
A mixture of coconut oil, chocolate, peanut butter, and maple syrup coats the dry components in what tastes like chocolate fudge. Significantly.
The oats give the fudge-like bars probably the most scrumptious chew, the rice cereal provides the crispy texture of a Nestle Crunch bar, and if you happen to embody peanuts, these bars have particular Snickers vibes as nicely.
The recipe is sort of a chocolate model of those peanut butter path combine bars.
Begin With These 6 Substances
- Coconut Oil: Melted along with chocolate, coconut oil offers these bars their comfortable, fudge-like texture. If you’d like an alternative to coconut oil, use butter; you want a fats that’s stable at room temperature, so liquid oils wouldn’t work for this recipe.
- Chocolate Chips: We’re utilizing chips for ease right here, however you may additionally use chopped baking chocolate. Usually, if melting chocolate (like when making chocolate ganache or coating Oreo balls), I like to recommend utilizing chopped baking chocolate as a substitute of chocolate chips, however as a result of we’re melting the chocolate with coconut oil, chocolate chips work simply high-quality.
- Peanut Butter: Both creamy or crunchy peanut butter work. I often use natural-style, however processed peanut butter similar to Jif or Skippy works too. You would additionally make these with almond butter, or use sunflower seed butter for a nut-free possibility.
- Maple Syrup: Pure maple syrup sweetens the bars, however they don’t style like maple. You would use honey as a substitute, if you happen to want.
- Oats: Old school entire rolled oats give the bars construction with a barely chewy texture.
- Crispy Rice Cereal: Rice Krispies (or related fashion crisp rice cereal) present probably the most scrumptious crisp in each chew.
Now, Select Your Add-ins
You possibly can select no matter add-ins you want, simply use about 3/4 cup whole (roughly 100–120g). I usually embody peanuts and raisins, for that crunchy-chewy texture combo, however be at liberty to make use of no matter mixture of nuts, dried fruit, and/or seeds your interior self wishes (or occur to already be in your pantry). Listed below are some options:
- Peanuts (salted, unsalted, or honey roasted)
- Chopped pecans, walnuts, or almonds
- Raisins, dried cranberries, dried blueberries, or dried cherries
- Chopped dried apricots or pitted dates
- Coconut flakes or shredded coconut (or strive these no-bake coconut granola bars)
- Giant seed similar to pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Chopped pretzel items
Or skip the add-ins and add a Tablespoon of a small seed similar to chia seeds or flax seeds. I additionally high the bars with just a little unsweetened coconut, however that’s non-compulsory.
Soften the coconut oil and chocolate chips collectively on the range, after which stir within the peanut butter and maple syrup. Pour this combination over the oats, crispy rice cereal, and add-ins. Stir to mix.
Press right into a lined 9-inch pan, after which refrigerate for two hours or till set.
The bars must be saved within the fridge. Saved at room temperature, they get just a little comfortable and melty. Nonetheless scrumptious, however disintegrate simply!
Are These Chocolate Oat Bars Wholesome?
I say this so much with the lightened-up recipes I publish, however “wholesome” is a relative time period. In my eyes, these are a reasonably wholesome chocolate deal with. They’re made with entire meals like pure peanut butter and fiber-filled oats. Nevertheless, they could be too sugary for somebody who wants to look at their sugar consumption.
I’m uncertain of the dietary data for these, however be at liberty to calculate it your self utilizing an internet calculator and the precise components/manufacturers you utilize.
Take pleasure in a pleasant mixture of chewy-crispy-crunchy textures and salty-sweet chocolate-peanut butter flavors in each chew of those straightforward no-bake oat bars. Select your favourite add-in from the options within the Notice under.
- Line the underside and sides of a 9-inch sq. baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on the perimeters to carry the bars out (makes slicing simpler!). Put aside.
- In a medium pan over medium warmth, soften the coconut oil and chocolate chips collectively, stirring typically. As soon as chocolate chips have melted, stir within the peanut butter and maple syrup till mixed. Take away from warmth.
- Whisk the oats, crispy rice cereal, and add-ins collectively in a medium bowl. Pour the chocolate combination on high, and stir to mix. Combination is moist.
- Switch combination to ready pan. Utilizing the again of a flat spatula, press the combination tightly and firmly down into the pan. Ensure it’s compact, which helps assure the bars will maintain their form. Sprinkle with coconut, if utilizing.
- Refrigerate, uncovered, for not less than 2 hours and as much as 2 days. If refrigerating for longer than 2 hours, cowl calmly.
- Elevate the parchment paper out of the pan and lower into squares. Cowl and retailer bars within the fridge for as much as 2 weeks.
- Freezing Directions: Layer the lower bars between sheets of parchment in a freezer-friendly bag or container. Freeze for as much as 3 months. Thaw within the fridge.
- Gluten Free: Bars are gluten free if utilizing licensed gluten free oats and crispy rice cereal.
- Peanut Butter: Both creamy or crunchy peanut butter works. I often use natural-style, however processed similar to Jif or Skippy works too. You would additionally make these with almond butter, or use sunflower seed butter for a nut-free possibility.
- Can I miss the crispy rice cereal? Sure, however you’ll lose some crisp texture. Exchange with 2/3 cup (about 56g) of entire rolled oats.
- Add-ins: You possibly can select no matter add-ins you want, simply use about 3/4 cup whole (roughly 100–120g). I usually embody salted roasted peanuts and raisins, for that crunchy-chewy texture combo, however be at liberty to make use of no matter mixture of nuts, dried fruit, and/or seeds similar to salted or unsalted peanuts, chopped pecans, almonds, or walnuts, pistachios, raisins, dried cranberries, dried blueberries, or dried cherries, currants, chopped dried apricots or pitted dates, unsweetened shredded coconut or coconut flakes, giant seeds similar to pumpkin seeds (pepitas), or chopped pretzel items. Or skip the add-ins and add a Tablespoon of a small seed similar to chia seeds or flax seeds.
Key phrases: chocolate fudge oat bars