This healthful Greek yogurt fruit tart comes along with a easy 3-ingredient crust, protein-packed Greek yogurt, and all of your favourite seasonal recent fruits. Naturally gluten free, this no-bake recipe comes collectively in minutes and is ideal for breakfast, brunch, or as a wholesome dessert.
Easy and frivolously candy, this Greek yogurt fruit tart is one among my favourite dishes to convey to any spring or summer season gathering when seasonal recent fruits are aplenty. With just some components, it’s hardly even a recipe… however I knew this refreshing magnificence deserved a everlasting dwelling on my web site. I do know you’ll admire having this no-bake recipe in your apron pocket, too!
I initially revealed this recipe in 2015, and make it typically once I need a gentle and wholesome dessert. Sorry, chocolate cake.
Like a good simpler model of fruit pizza, immediately’s Greek yogurt fruit tart is healthful and delightfully recent. Essentially the most tough half is reducing up the fruit, however if you happen to use blueberries, blackberries, and/or raspberries, you skip that completely.
Actually, it doesn’t get simpler than this.
I like together with this dessert on brunch menus as a result of it’s a gluten free and egg free choice. It’s additionally implausible for bridal showers, child showers, particular household gatherings, or alongside different Mom’s Day recipes or Father’s Day recipes. However you don’t want an important day… get pleasure from a slice for breakfast or as a lighter dessert on a heat summer season night.
A real *anytime* deal with which you can additionally be ok with!
3 Components to This Greek Yogurt Fruit Tart
They are saying that good issues are available 3s, and the stunning layers on this Greek yogurt fruit tart are not any exception.
- Date Nut Crust: Makes this a naturally gluten free recipe.
- Creamy Greek Yogurt: Use your favourite taste.
- Assorted Fruit: Fairly AND tasty.
Simple 3-Ingredient Crust
Sure, you learn that accurately. Simply 3 simple components—cashews, almonds, and Medjool dates—come collectively for the tart crust.
The recipe used to name for simply cashews and dates, and the crust was actually tasty, but it surely was very gentle and sticky. I actually just like the addition of almonds as a result of they add a bit texture. The crust continues to be good and gentle, however isn’t as flimsy. Style testers agreed, so that you’ll see that replace within the recipe under.
Begin by soaking the dates in heat water for about 10 minutes, then chop them in half earlier than processing with the nuts. Why soak the dates first? They’ll mix a lot simpler with the nuts.
Mix cashews, almonds, and the soaked and halved dates in a food processor or blender, and pulse/mix till a moist “dough” kinds. Utilizing a spatula or the again of measuring cup, press the crust right into a lined 9-inch tart pan, ensuring to cowl the underside and up the perimeters. In case you don’t have a tart pan, use a 9-inch round cake pan or 9-inch pie dish.
Sure. Raisins or dried cranberries are a tremendous substitution.
Sure. For a nut-free crust, attempt the shortbread crust from this lemon blueberry tart. Lengthen the bake time to 25 minutes. Or attempt the pastry crust from this recent fruit tart or the graham cracker crust from this peanut butter cup tart. Observe the baking directions for these crusts. Cool utterly earlier than including the yogurt and fruit.
Use Your Favourite Greek Yogurt
For the Greek yogurt filling, merely unfold your favourite taste into the crust. That’s actually it—no different components or fillers required. (It’s like this recipe retains getting easier as we go on, eh?!) I normally use vanilla-flavored Greek yogurt because it pairs properly with a wide range of fruits. Strawberry yogurt could be implausible with sliced strawberries on high. Plain Greek yogurt works for a much less candy choice.
You want one cup of Greek yogurt to fill your no-bake tart shell. If you are going to buy one of many bigger containers on the retailer, use the leftovers in these entire wheat pancakes or these Greek yogurt lemon bars. Or whip up some peanut butter Greek yogurt frosting to high your chocolate banana muffins! 🙂
You could possibly actually attempt utilizing a plant-based yogurt as an alternative.
Add Your Fruit Toppings
On the subject of the fruit topping, just about something goes. I like utilizing kiwi, mandarin oranges, blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries. Be happy to make use of all or any of those toppings, or select your favourite number of recent fruits.
Get inventive with the fruit tart “artwork” on high, and you should use my fruit pizza as design inspiration. Or if you happen to’re serving a crowd, depart the tart plain and let visitors add their very own fruit. Youngsters love to assist with this.
Finicky fruits: I don’t advocate watermelon on account of its excessive water content material, or frozen fruit due to the juices they launch when thawing. You should utilize banana or apple slices, however they brown shortly. Brush them with a bit lemon juice and serve the tart instantly.
For an non-obligatory shiny end, you may brush the recent fruit with a mix of apricot preserves and water.
What To Serve With Your Greek Yogurt Fruit Tart
You don’t must serve this with the rest if it’s for dessert (perhaps some chocolate chips on high?!). However if you happen to’re serving this as a part of your brunch or breakfast menu, it rounds out properly with a breakfast casserole or quiche, or a batch of home made biscuits or croissants.
Extra Recent Fruit Recipes
In case you’re like me and search for any alternative to bake with seasonal recent fruits, listed below are just a few extra favorites:
It is a wholesome no-bake breakfast fruit tart made with a gluten free 3-ingredient crust, protein packed Greek yogurt, and loads of recent fruit.
- Spray the underside of a 9-inch tart pan, 9-inch cake pan, or 9-inch pie dish with nonstick spray. Line with parchment paper. (I normally simply reduce a parchment paper circle barely bigger than the pan.) The parchment prevents the crust from sticking to the pan, and the nonstick spray helps hold the parchment in place as you press within the crust.
- Soak the dates in heat water for 10 minutes. Drain them, after which chop in half earlier than utilizing.
- Pulse the dates, cashews, and almonds collectively till a thick “dough” is fashioned and the nuts are all damaged up, as pictured above. The dough will likely be sticky. Press evenly into ready tart pan and partly up the perimeters.
- Unfold the yogurt on high of the crust. Beautify with recent fruit. Combine collectively the non-obligatory preserves and water topping, and brush over fruit for a shiny end.
- Slice and serve instantly or cowl and refrigerate for as much as 1 day earlier than serving. Cowl and retailer leftover tart within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
- Make Forward Directions: The crust might be made 1 day prematurely. Cowl tightly and hold within the fridge till able to serve. Proceed with step 4.
- Particular Instruments (affiliate hyperlinks): 9-Inch Tart Pan, 9-Inch Cake Pan, or 9-Inch Pie Dish | Food Processor or Chopper | Pastry Brush
- Dates: As an alternative of dates, attempt 1 and 1/2 cups raisins or dried cranberries.
- Nuts: As an alternative of cashews, you should use walnuts or pistachios. You could possibly additionally use all walnuts, as an alternative of almonds and cashews. I don’t advocate utilizing ALL cashews as a result of it makes for a really sticky, flimsy crust. You need some almonds (or different firmer nut) with the cashews. If desired, use salted nuts for a salty/candy crust.
- Serving Dimension: 1 slice
- Energy: 239
- Sugar: 26.9 g
- Sodium: 8.4 mg
- Fats: 10.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 35.4 g
- Protein: 6.3 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 0.9 mg
Key phrases: wholesome greek yogurt fruit tart