Outback Steakhouse Mac and Cheese is so fashionable as a result of it’s creamy, comforting, and a beautiful facet dish for steak and hen. This copycat mac and cheese recipe is all the time requested about and requested. It solely takes about half-hour to make at house.
This publish comprises affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes the Outback Mac and Cheese So Good?
Outback Steakhouse serves many unbelievable menu gadgets, so who would order the macaroni and cheese? Loads of individuals. And why not, when it tastes this amazingly wealthy and creamy.
However when you don’t need to skip your tried and true favorites on the following go to to the restaurant, attempt making this Outback macaroni and cheese recipe at house.
Why This Recipe Is the One You Should Strive
With regards to do-it-yourself mac n cheese recipes, you’ll be able to’t get any simpler than this copycat Outback mac and cheese. By utilizing Velveeta cheese as a substitute of the extra conventional shredded cheddar, you don’t want to fret about uneven melting. The creamy Velveeta cheese sauce is velvety and coats the pasta properly.
The heavy cream helps create the perfect consistency for this dish. After getting tried this recipe, you gained’t ever need to make boxed mac & cheese once more. One chew and also you’ll style how good it’s!
Outback Steakhouse Mac A Roo and Cheese
When you have ever been to the Outback Steakhouse with youngsters, you might have observed Mac A Roo and Cheese as one of many child’s menu gadgets. However why ought to kids have the entire enjoyable? Once I order takeout, I’ll all the time add an order of Mac a Roo so I can have it at house. It’s that good.
Outback Mac and Cheese Elements
To make steakhouse mac and cheese Outback model, you’ll want:
- Brief Pasta or Macaroni
- Velveeta Cheese
- Heavy Cream
That’s it! You’ll love this recipe as a lot as your youngsters do.
Penne, shells, elbow macaroni noodles, and rigatoni pasta are fashionable decisions, however you need to use any brief pasta you like.
Chances are you’ll need to swap the heavy cream for half-and-half and even milk to avoid wasting on fats and energy.
Learn how to Make Outback Steakhouse Mac and Cheese
To make Outback Steakhouse mac and cheese:
- Carry a big pot of salted water to a rolling boiling.
- Prepare dinner the pasta in line with the package deal’s directions. Chances are you’ll need to add 30 or 60 seconds to the cooking time since this recipe works greatest when the pasta is slightly softer than al dente.
- Whereas the pasta is cooking, chop the Velveeta into small cubes.
- Set a small saucepan over low warmth on the stovetop to heat.
- Add the Velveeta cheese cubes into the saucepan.
- Pour within the heavy cream.
- Stir or whisk repeatedly till the cheese totally melts.
- Drain the cooked pasta in a colander and return it to the massive pot.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and stir to mix.
- Serve scorching.
- Be sure you reduce the Velveeta into small items to make it simpler to soften within the saucepan.
- Whereas melting the cheese and heavy cream collectively, maintain the warmth on low to forestall it from boiling or burning.
- Make a giant batch of the Mac and Cheese as a result of it reheats properly for different meals.
With regards to customization, there are limitless potentialities for making this dish your individual. Get as wildly artistic as you need, however listed below are a few simple methods you’ll be able to adapt the essential recipe:
- If you end up ravenous, add slightly meat to the recipe to make it a fundamental dish. You should utilize any precooked meat you might have available. Add some leftover bacon or sausages from breakfast or any further chilly cuts within the fridge.
- Kick the flavour up a notch with a bit of additional seasoning. Sizzling sauce and chili powder are choices. Or take your mac ‘n cheese in a brand new path with a few tablespoons of Pickapeppa or BBQ sauce.
What to Serve with Mac and Cheese
This Outback mac and cheese recipe works as each a facet and the primary course. Pair with fried hen or grilled meat for a hearty meal, or get pleasure from with a facet salad or steamed vegetable for one thing slightly lighter
Leftover Mac and Cheese Recipe
Are you questioning what to do with leftover Outback macaroni and cheese? Strive making Fried Tacky Mac Patties:
- Type the chilly mac and cheese into hamburger-sized patties and place them on a wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- Put the tray within the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Dip the semi-frozen mac and cheese patties in an egg wash after which coat with Panko breadcrumbs.
- Fry in 375°F oil till golden brown, a few minute per facet.
- Serve together with your favourite pasta sauce.
Learn how to Retailer Mac and Cheese
You’ll be able to maintain Outback Steakhouse Mac and Cheese in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 5 days. If you wish to reserve it for longer, attempt freezing leftovers for as much as three months.
A great trace is placing the mac and cheese in a single-serving microwavable container after which wrapping effectively in plastic and aluminum foil. Doing it will make the macaroni and cheese a lot simpler to reheat.
Learn how to Reheat Mac and Cheese
The simplest strategy to reheat this macaroni and cheese is within the microwave.
Add a splash of milk to the thawed mac and cheese and stir. Cowl with a paper towel and warmth on HIGH for 60 seconds. Stir and verify the temperature. If the mac n cheese isn’t heat sufficient, warmth for an additional 30 seconds, and repeat as mandatory.
Do you’re keen on Outback Steakhouse? Make your favorites at house!
Be sure you take a look at these copycat Outback Steakhouse recipes that style similar to they do on the restaurant.
Extra Tacky Aspect Dish Recipes
As a result of everybody loves cheese!
Check out extra of my copycat Outback Steakhouse recipes and straightforward facet dish recipes too.
What do you prefer to eat together with your Mac ‘N Cheese? Tell us within the feedback beneath.
Did you make this recipe? Share it and bear in mind to tag us on Instagram.
Join our publication beneath so that you don’t miss any copycat recipes!
Outback Steakhouse Mac and Cheese
You may make Outback mac and cheese at house with this simple copycat recipe.
Add to Assortment Go to Collections
- 2 cups dry penne pasta
- 8 ounce Velveeta cheese reduce into small items
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Prepare dinner pasta in line with package deal instructions.
Lower the Velveeta into small cubes so it could actually soften simply.
In a small saucepan, mix cubed Velveeta cheese and heavy cream.
Flip the warmth to low. Prepare dinner and stir till all of the cheese is melted.
Scale back the warmth to simmer till you might be prepared to mix with the pasta.
As soon as pasta is completed, drain and pour it again into the pot the place it was cooked.
Add the cheese sauce to the pasta and stir to coat the pasta with the sauce.
- Be sure to reduce the Velveeta into small items to make it simpler to soften within the saucepan.
- Whereas melting the cheese and heavy cream collectively, maintain the warmth on low. You’ll not need this to boil or burn.
- Make a giant batch of the mac and cheese – it is going to by no means go to waste and it re-heats properly for different meals.
Energy: 339kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 15g | Fats: 17g | Saturated Fats: 10g | Ldl cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 912mg | Potassium: 284mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 995IU | Calcium: 351mg | Iron: 0.5mg