This 6-ingredient peanut butter ice cream pie combines an Oreo cookie crust, further creamy peanut butter ice cream filling, swirls of peanut butter, and plenty of Reese’s Items. It’s the proper go-to summer time dessert recipe as a result of it’s astoundingly straightforward to make, contains ice cream, and many of the prep is palms off because the freezer does the work! 100% assured to be devoured up, and everybody will demand you make it again and again.
Don’t get me unsuitable. I like serving present stopping desserts like tiramisu, crème brûlée, and baked Alaska. However there’s a part of me (the drained guardian aspect of me, maybe) that enjoys throwing collectively a senseless 6-ingredient dessert that impresses everybody. I prep it the day earlier than, let it freeze in a single day, and watch as everybody FLOCKS TO IT.
I’ve usually made it for birthday events, and it takes roughly 500% much less effort than a home made birthday cake. Actually, a dessert that tastes this good and is that this straightforward to make, ought to actually be some type of sugar crime.
Right here’s Why Everybody Loves This Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie
- Tastes scrumptious
- Completely no-bake
- Makes everybody pleased
- The ingredient listing couldn’t be simpler
- Welcomes substitutions, similar to utilizing one other taste ice cream if there’s a peanut allergy
- Easy ornament & garnish
Right here’s Precisely What You Want:
An Oreo cookie crust is the bottom of at this time’s dessert, the identical I exploit for this common peanut butter pie. Mix crushed Oreos (the whole Oreo… cookie AND the filling) and melted butter. Press into your springform pan. No must bake! A graham cracker crust works too.
The Filling Is Semi-Do-it-yourself
I’ve made this peanut butter ice cream pie on repeat every summer time since I first printed the recipe in 2013. The peanut butter filling combines peanut butter ice cream and unsweetened whipped cream. I used to make use of frozen whipped topping (Cool Whip) within the filling, however everybody loves it extra once I use unsweetened whipped cream.
Do you know that home made whipped cream can exchange Cool Whip in almost any recipe? I don’t add sugar to it when utilizing it in at this time’s filling.
It’s straightforward: you simply want heavy cream. Whip it, after which fold it into softened peanut butter ice cream. The mix of the 2 produce a softer, creamier filling than plain ice cream. Simpler to eat with a fork!
Fold the whipped cream (above) into softened peanut butter ice cream, after which unfold half into the cookie crust.
Now we’re getting loopy… soften peanut butter and drizzle over half of the filling, then prime with remaining filling. Drizzle with extra melted peanut butter and sprinkle with crushed Reese’s Items. That’s it, your work is completed. Off to the freezer!
Be at liberty to swap the peanut butter ice cream for an additional taste. You’ll be able to skip the melted peanut butter, or exchange with warmed Nutella and even chocolate ganache. Be at liberty to skip the crushed Reese’s Items, or exchange with chocolate chips, crushed M&Ms, or different favourite ice cream topping.
Folding unsweetened whipped cream (simply heavy cream that has been whipped) makes for a lighter, creamier filling that’s simpler to slice, serve, and eat. With out it, the peanut butter ice cream is fairly agency.
Place Reese’s Items in a zipped-top bag, seize a rolling pin, and bang away! That is how I crush sweet canes for peppermint bark, too. Nice stress reliever!
Freeze the ready peanut butter ice cream pie for not less than 6 hours, and as much as 48 hours. I often make it the evening earlier than I want it.
Earlier than serving, garnish the frozen peanut butter ice cream pie with sweetened whipped cream, extra melted peanut butter, and an additional sprinkle of crushed Reese’s Items. These ending touches are elective, however tremendous easy since you want many of the objects for the precise recipe, too.
For those who want a celebratory cake or birthday cake, do that peanut butter ice cream pie. It’s worlds simpler than an precise cake, could be made forward with out sacrificing texture, and is cherished simply as a lot (if no more!).
Success Tip: Slicing into Ice Cream Pie
Let the pie sit at room temperature for five minutes earlier than slicing. Use your sharpest knife, and dip it in some scorching water earlier than every lower.
And in case you’re on the lookout for one thing a bit of bigger, I even have this 5-layer ice cream cake recipe. It takes a bit of extra time to place collectively as a result of there are a number of layers, however the outcomes are at all times prime notch. For those who like CAKE along with your ice cream, attempt my ice cream loaf cake as a substitute!
This 6-ingredient peanut butter ice cream pie combines a no-bake Oreo cookie crust, further creamy peanut butter ice cream filling, swirls of peanut butter, and plenty of Reese’s Items. Make it forward of time, and be at liberty to make use of one other taste ice cream. See recipe Be aware.
Oreo Cookie Crust
- Make the crust: In a food processor or blender/chopper, pulse 22 Oreos (together with the cream filling) right into a high quality crumb. You must have about 2 cups (packed) crumbs, or 250g. Pour crumbs into a big bowl. Add the melted butter and stir to mix. The combination might be thick and fairly moist. Attempt to smash/break up any giant chunks. Pour the combination right into a 9-inch springform pan (no must grease it). With medium stress utilizing your hand, pat the crumbs down into the underside and up the perimeters to make a compact, thick crust.
- Make the filling: Utilizing a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream on medium-high pace till stiff peaks type, about 3–4 minutes. For those who by accident over-whip the cream, and it appears to be like curdled and heavy, pour in a bit of bit extra chilly heavy cream, and fold it in gently by hand with a spatula till it smooths out.
- Fold softened ice cream into the whipped cream. This may take a pair minutes because the ice cream is far stiffer than the whipped cream.
- Spoon 1/2 of the filling into the ready crust. Drizzle half of the melted peanut butter over the filling. Unfold the remainder of the filling on prime as greatest you possibly can, and drizzle with remaining melted peanut butter. Sprinkle with crushed Reese’s Items. Cowl and freeze for not less than 6 hours and as much as 48 hours.
- Take away from the freezer and be at liberty to garnish with extra melted peanut butter, crushed Reese’s Items, and whipped cream. I used Wilton 1M piping tip for the whipped cream within the pictured pie.
- Permit frozen pie to take a seat at room temperature for five minutes to melt earlier than slicing and serving. For neat cuts, use your sharpest knife, and dip it in some scorching water earlier than every lower.
- Cowl and retailer leftover pie within the freezer for as much as 5 days.
- Particular Instruments (affiliate hyperlinks): Food Processor or Blender/Chopper | 9-inch Springform Pan | Electrical Mixer (Handheld or Stand Mixer) | Piping Bag (Disposable or Reusable) and Wilton 1M piping tip (for elective whipped cream topping)
- Can I Use a Graham Cracker Crust? Sure. Be at liberty to exchange the Oreo cookie crust with this graham cracker crust. No must bake it.
- Ice Cream: Any model of peanut butter ice cream is okay. I often use Reese’s model, which has peanut butter cups inside. You may as well use frozen yogurt, or one other taste. Ensure you test the dimensions of the ice cream carton. Most cartons are 1.5 quarts. You solely want 1 quart for this recipe.
- What Can I Use As an alternative of Peanut Butter? Be at liberty to swap the peanut butter ice cream for an additional taste similar to chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, cookie dough, and many others. You'll be able to skip the melted peanut butter, or exchange with warmed Nutella and even chocolate ganache (whereas it’s nonetheless heat!). Be at liberty to skip the crushed Reese’s Items, or exchange with chocolate chips, crushed M&Ms, or different favourite ice cream topping. I discover M&Ms bleed there shade a bit into the ice cream, so maintain that in thoughts.
Key phrases: peanut butter ice cream pie