This straightforward Raspberry Sauce makes use of simply 7 substances and takes lower than quarter-hour to organize. Drizzle it over cheesecake, waffles, or brownie sundaes–or simply get pleasure from by the spoonful!
7 Ingredient Raspberry Sauce
This straightforward do-it-yourself raspberry sauce might be drizzled over cheesecake, ice cream, yogurt, waffles–the probabilities are limitless! It has a brilliant, completely balanced taste that’s each candy and tart (and pairs so nicely with a brownie sundae…yum). One of the best half? It tastes simply nearly as good with frozen raspberries because it does with contemporary, so you’ll be able to get pleasure from all of it yr lengthy!
I favor to go away the seeds in my sauce just because I believe raspberry sauce wants seeds (the feel is such a key a part of the raspberry expertise, in spite of everything), however you’ll be able to pressure them out if you need yours to be silky.
This sauce might be served sizzling or chilly, and it makes a pleasant macaron filling (you could use a frosting dam to maintain it from spilling out although!). It’s a bit skinny to make use of as a cake filling, however I’ve an answer for that! Scroll right down to the FAQ part for extra.
Why make my recipe:
- Has a contemporary taste, even with frozen berries.
- Could be served sizzling or chilly with limitless makes use of.
- Just some substances and fewer than quarter-hour to make!
What You Want
You’ll want to assemble simply 7 substances to make this raspberry sauce. Apart from water and sugar, we can be utilizing:
- Raspberries. Contemporary or frozen raspberries work properly right here, so take your choose! In case your berries are particularly tart, you could want so as to add a bit extra sugar; style check to make sure.
- Cornstarch. The cornstarch thickens our sauce, however not a lot that it’s too thick or jam-like.
- Lemon juice. A splash of lemon juice accents the tartness of the berries and retains this sauce from being too candy.
- Butter. The butter is optionally available, however I like to recommend including it to present the sauce a silky smoothness. Since we’re utilizing such a small quantity, you should use both salted or unsalted butter.
- Salt. Only a pinch enhances and balances the flavour.
SAM’S TIP: Identical to in my raspberry frosting, I choose to forgo vanilla on this recipe for a contemporary, raspberry distinguished taste. If you happen to’d favor a extra candied raspberry taste, be happy so as to add ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract while you stir within the butter.
Bear in mind, that is simply an outline of the substances I used and why. For the complete recipe please scroll right down to the underside of the put up!
Tips on how to Make Raspberry Sauce
- Mix all substances besides the butter in a saucepan over medium low warmth.
- Stir incessantly till the berries turn out to be juicy and the combination could be very fluid.
- Improve the warmth to medium and produce the combination to a simmer, stirring continually. Let simmer for one minute (nonetheless stirring continually) till the combination thickens and turns into deeper in shade.
- Take away from the warmth, stir within the butter, and pressure if desired. Let cool to room temperature earlier than overlaying and chilling.
SAM’S TIP: I haven’t tried it myself, however I believe that this recipe can even work equally nicely with blackberries. If you happen to’re wanting to make use of one other kind of berry although, I recommend you strive my blueberry sauce or strawberry sauce.
Incessantly Requested Questions
You’ll simply have to pressure the sauce by way of a high quality mesh strainer after including the butter. It can require a little bit of effort and nudging the sauce by way of to perform this. Observe that you’ll have much less sauce for those who pressure out the seeds.
Sure! This recipe will hold in an hermetic container within the freezer for at the least a month.
Much like cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving, raspberry sauce pairs nicely with pork and poultry for Easter!
Get pleasure from!
Let’s bake collectively! I’ll be strolling you thru all of the steps in my written recipe under! If you happen to do this recipe, make sure you tag me on Instagram, and you may also discover me on YouTube and Facebook
Servings: 8 servings (¼ cup every — recipe makes 2 cups)
Forestall your display from going darkish
Mix raspberries water, sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, and salt in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-low warmth.
12 oz (340 g) raspberries, ½ cup (100 g) granulated sugar, ¼ cup (60 ml) water, 1 Tablespoon lemon juice, 2 teaspoons cornstarch, ⅛ teaspoon salt
Cook dinner, stirring incessantly, till berries launch their juices and combination turns into very liquidy.
Improve warmth to medium and stir continually, carry to a simmer.
Simmer, stirring continually for about 1 minute, till berries are damaged down, deeper in shade, and the combination is barely thickened (it ought to coat the again of a spoon).
Take away from warmth and instantly stir in butter.
1 Tablespoon (14 g) butter
If you need a seedless sauce, pour instantly by way of a fine-mesh strainer and discard seeds.
Enable to chill to room temperature, then pour right into a container, cowl, and refrigerate till prepared to make use of.
Retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as every week.
Serving: 1serving (¼ cup) | Energy: 85kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 1g | Fats: 2g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 0.4g | Trans Fats: 0.1g | Ldl cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 49mg | Potassium: 67mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 58IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 0.3mg
Dietary data is predicated on third-party calculations and needs to be thought-about an estimate solely. Precise dietary content material will fluctuate primarily based upon manufacturers used, measuring strategies, cooking technique, portion sizes, and extra.