Newest listings on Jobs Central recruitment web page:
- Station supervisor, Alpha QLD – Bush Recruitment
- Station hand, Deepwater NSW
- Beef gross sales coordinator, Oakey Beef Exports
- Farm Aggregation supervisor, TAS – by way of Rimfire
- Livestock receival and livestock yardsperson, Moe VIC – Greenham
- Gross sales consultant, WA – Agricultural Appointments
- Upkeep supervisor, livestock processing – Carroll Consulting
- Cattle Station supervisor/Caretaker QLD – DCA
- Senior procurement supervisor, QLD – Agtrade
- Security Officer, Bunbury WA –
- Station overseers SA – Muttooroo Pastoral Co
- Dietary Gross sales Consultant – by way of Rimfire Assets
- Home Beef Gross sales Supervisor, Greenham – by way of Agricultural Appointments
- Merchandise Gross sales Help, WA – Delta Agribusiness
- Crew Member, Livestock/Property – Kellco Rural Businesses
- Senior Station Hand, Lucindale SA – by way of DroverAg
- Wagyu Feedlot Equipment Operator, Qld – by way of DroverAg
- Assistant Supervisor, Cunnamulla space Qld – by way of DroverAg
- Cropping Farm Operations Supervisor, Cummins SA – by way of DroverAg
Click on right here to entry these and different thrilling meat and livestock provide chain jobs at present listed on Jobs Central.
AS a Western Australian station supervisor and a member of the Kimberley & Pilbara Cattleman’s Affiliation, Shane Dunn is keenly conscious of the challenges of employees retention – significantly inside distant northern beef operations.
Mr Dunn is chief govt of Kimberley Agriculture and Pastoral Co, made up of 4 Indigenous-owned pastoral stations between Broome and Fitzroy Crossing in northern Western Australia. He’s additionally a director of the AgPathAus careers growth and recruitment program.
The 4 KAPCo properties – Mt Anderson, Myroodah, Frazier Downs and Bohemia Downs – function underneath a single administration construction to make the most of the economies of scale provided from an built-in pastoral enterprise.
KAPCo supplies an avenue for Indigenous individuals to achieve coaching, expertise and employment on nation. Challenges within the area he cites embrace retaining younger individuals and a scarcity of funding in infrastructure corresponding to housing to allow good individuals to make a life inside the trade.
“We (as an trade) promote a enjoyable hole 12 months or two after which we lose them. We have to rethink what we’re doing and supply a transparent profession path,” Mr Dunn mentioned.
“As a jackeroo in 1980 at Brunette Downs, I recall a number one hand might arrange a life for his household and be given a home to reside in – however lately, even a head stockman finds it exhausting to get these privileges,” he mentioned.
Regardless of the regular inflow of seasonal employees post-COVID, Mr Dunn mentioned expertise shortages remained a difficulty within the northern beef trade.
“Backpackers and unskilled migrants could fill a sure hole, however it’s not serving to us a lot – most of our roles require coaching and expertise,” he mentioned.
Figuring out expertise gaps
The power to map talent units at a person and crew stage may also help employers determine areas needing growth, Mr Dunn mentioned.
This system he has developed, AgPathAus, provides a skills-based evaluation software that helps determine the competency stage of the worker towards the position. This enables employers and employees to determine the place coaching budgets may be utilised to the perfect impact, enhancing each the enterprise crew and the worker.
“Self-assessments and a supervisor evaluation towards a job are used to create a graph, displaying the place your crew sits – they could have spectacular livestock expertise however want some coaching with equipment or some work within the Office Well being and Security (WHS) area,” he mentioned.
The platform additionally permits workers to retailer their CVs, coaching information, licences and so forth, in a safe, cloud-based system. Profession path growth is documented and is obtainable to the worker for all times.
Each day check-ins
On-property, one in every of Mr Dunn’s introductions to the KAPCo stations’ WHS is the day by day toolbox sheet.
This can be a easy one-page doc utilized by the lead for the day with the crew.
“All names are written in, jobs defined, dangers and PPE verified, any damaged or broken gadgets reported after which signed off. It takes actually ten minutes, supplies readability for the crew and offers us an auditable paper path,” Mr Dunn mentioned.