This single-layer stunner is a favourite ice cream taste reimagined right into a decadent, larger-than-life Rocky Highway Sheet Cake! The dense, fluffy cake is roofed in a wealthy Chocolate Fudge Frosting, creating much more chocolaty goodness. However this recipe doesn’t cease there; garnished with miniature marshmallows, salted peanuts, and a scrumptious caramel drizzle, this cake transforms from a fundamental sheet cake into an unbelievable masterpiece. For this recipe, we use C&H® Light Brown Sugar within the cake for a candy and nutty, caramel taste that pairs completely with the thick Chocolate Fudge Frosting created with C&H® Powdered Sugar.
Rocky Highway Sheet Cake
- 6 ounces (170 grams) semisweet chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 cups (440 grams) firmly packed mild brown sugar
- 2 cups (480 grams) water
- ¾ cup (150 grams) granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup (25 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup (240 grams) bitter cream, room temperature
- 3 massive eggs (150 grams), room temperature and evenly crushed
- 1½ teaspoons (6 grams) vanilla extract
- 3 cups (375 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons (4.5 grams) kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 grams) baking soda
- Chocolate Frosting (recipe follows)
- 1 cup (57 grams) mini marshmallows
- ½ cup (62 grams) peanuts
- Salted Caramel Sauce (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray a 13×9-inch baking pan with baking spray with flour. Line pan with parchment paper, letting extra lengthen over sides of pan.
- In a big bowl, place chopped chocolate and butter.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk collectively brown sugar, 2 cups (480 grams) water, and granulated sugar; carry to a boil over medium-high warmth, stirring sometimes till sugar dissolves. Whisk in cocoa. Pour sugar combination over chocolate combination, and let stand for two minutes. Stir till chocolate and butter are melted and combination is mixed. Whisk in bitter cream, eggs, and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk collectively flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Regularly add flour combination to chocolate combination, whisking simply till mixed. Pour batter into ready pan.
- Bake till a wood decide inserted in heart comes out clear, 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool fully in pan.
- Utilizing extra parchment as handles, take away cooled cake from pan. Unfold Chocolate Frosting on prime as desired. Prime with mini marshmallows and peanuts. Drizzle Salted Caramel Sauce over prime, and serve with remaining sauce. Retailer in an hermetic container for as much as 3 days.
- 2 ¼ cups (510 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 (2-pound) bag (907 grams) confectioners’ sugar
- ¾ cup (65 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons (6 grams) kosher salt
- ⅓ cup (80 grams) heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons (8 grams) vanilla extract
- Within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter at medium velocity till creamy, 2 to three minutes.
- In a big bowl, whisk collectively confectioners’ sugar, cocoa, and salt. With mixer on gradual velocity, regularly add sugar combination to butter, beating till mixed. Add cream and vanilla, and beat at excessive velocity till mild and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Use instantly.
Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (60 grams) water
- ½ cup (120 grams) heavy whipping cream, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons (84 grams) unsalted butter, cubed and softened
- 1 teaspoon (3 grams) kosher salt
- In a small saucepan, mix sugar and ¼ cup (60 grams) water. Carry to a boil over excessive warmth. (Don’t stir.) Prepare dinner, with out stirring, till caramel turns a deep amber coloration and an instant-read thermometer registers 355°F (180°C) to 360°F (182°C), 15 to 18 minutes. Take away from warmth. Rigorously whisk in cream; add butter and salt, whisking till butter is melted and included. Pour right into a heatproof container, and let cool fully earlier than utilizing.