IN this week’s episode, 88-year-old beef processing trade veteran Allan Teys displays on his experiences stretching throughout seven a long time within the crimson meat and livestock trade.
Weekly Grill host Kerry Lonergan digs deep into the trade’s eventful previous on this interview with Mr Teys, who earlier than retirement headed the Teys processing enterprise for greater than 35 years and represented the trade as a long-standing chairman of the Australian Meat Business Council and its predecessors. The pair discover the evolution of the multi-generational Teys enterprise – from humble beginnings as retail butchers in Brisbane to small scale abattoir operations, and onwards to turn into the trade powerhouse it’s right this moment.
He minimize his tooth shopping for cattle at Brisbane’s previous Cannon Hill saleyards within the Nineteen Fifties.
Mr Teys displays on the nice instances, in addition to the dangerous, and the colorful in addition to the sober – together with the 1974 Beef Stoop, dealings with the late Kerry Packer through the Consolidated Meat Group alliance, and the relationships between producers and processors.
For any college students of the historical past of the Australian beef trade, this interview supplies an necessary useful resource.
Beef Central’s Weekly Grill podcasts dropped at readers by Zoetis and Elders.
- Genetics innovator Tom Bull
- MLA’s analysis, growth and adoption supervisor, Mick Crowley
- Andy Hearnden, government chef with beef processor Kilcoy International Meals in Queensland.
- Low Stress Inventory Dealing with founder Jim Lindsay
- NT Cattlemens Affiliation president David Connolly
- Kimberley Meat Co chief, David Larkin
- Beef Central’s man-on-the-ground in Indonesia, Ross Ainsworth
- Meat processing legend, Trevor Lee
- Working canine legend Frank Finger
- New Federal Agriculture Minister, Murray Watt
- Wagyu Affiliation president and 2022 Zanda McDonald award winner, Charlie Perry
- Newest cattle market wrap with TEM’s Matt Dalgleish and Stockco’s Chris Howie
- Cattle Baron Peter Hughes
- ALFA president Barb Madden
- Writer and rural id Sally Warriner
- Australia’s chief vet Mark Schipp, on Lumpy Pores and skin Illness and different key biosecurity points
- Herron Todd White’s Tim Lane
- RCS’s Terry McCosker on carbon
- Beef processing plant supervisor Wasa Mudannayake
- Head of asset efficiency for Macquarie Group’s MIRA Agriculture division, together with Paraway Pastoral Co, Jock Whittle
- Veteran beef trade chief David Crombie
- Beef Central’s common reside export market commentator and columnist Dr Ross Ainsworth
- Cattle market wrap with TEM’s Matt Dalgleish and Stockco’s Chris Howie
- Australian meat Business Council’s Patrick Hutchinson
- Agriculture Minister David Littleproud
- Council of Australia president Markus Rathsmann
- Patrick Warmoll, the boss of Jack’s Creek Wagyu
- Veteran pastoral firm government Roger Halliwell
- Retired non-packer beef exporter, Richard Rains
- Carbon buying and selling professional Toby Grogan from Impression Agriculture
- Crimson Meat Advisory Council chair John McKillop
- Stud cattle exhibiting identities Gary Noller and Rob Sinnamon
- Veteran Victorian cattle purchaser David Ronalds
- Beef processing legend ACC’s David Foote
- Reside export class motion facilitator Tracey Hayes
- Signature Beef’s Blair Angus
- Consolidated Pastoral Co chief and Livecorp chairman Troy Setter
- Vitamin scientist and MLA board member Manny Noakes
- CCA impartial northern and southern administrators Alice Greenup and Olivia Lawson
- Australian Agricultural Co head Hugh Killen
- Sydney impartial crimson meat retailer Stephen Kelly
- lotfeeder Charlie Mort
- Processor and provide chain supervisor, Terry Nolan
- Livestock transport operator Ross Fraser
- Natural provide chain supervisor Alister Ferguson