This do-it-yourself veggie pizza is served chilly, and comes with a garlic and herb Greek yogurt cream cheese topping, and a backyard filled with recent greens. (Use your favorites!) Organize all of it on a buttery flatbread-style crust, and serve it as a fabulously tasty and colourful appetizer at your subsequent potluck or social gathering. It’s a crowd favourite!
We’re all aware of chilly pizza, maybe leftovers lingering within the fridge from the evening earlier than. However have you ever ever made pizza that’s… meant to be chilly? Type of like a chilly tomato pie, however with garlic herb cream cheese and a great deal of recent greens on high.
I often see chilly veggie pizza as an appetizer at potlucks, occasions, and events, and it’s virtually all the time sitting on a crescent roll crust. The sort from a tube, which, actually is simply so handy and fast.
However I needed to attempt my hand at a do-it-yourself model, on a buttery garlic flatbread-type crust. Seems, with a pair small tweaks to my flatbread pizza dough, we have now the right not-out-of-a-tube base for this pleasant social gathering favourite!
The Veggie Pizza of Your Desires Is:
(Wait, you don’t dream about vegetable pizza?)
- Utterly do-it-yourself, and fairly wholesome so far as pizza goes!
- Served chilly, and all the time beloved.
- Altogether garlicky, savory, creamy, crisp, and herb-infused.
- Prepared to your favourite recent greens.
- Calling your title.
What You Want for the 1-Hour Dough:
If you happen to’ve made my do-it-yourself flatbread pizza earlier than, you’ll be very aware of in the present day’s dough. As an alternative of olive oil, I exploit melted butter so as to add some wealthy, buttery goodness. You’ll additionally want yeast, sugar to feed the yeast, water, garlic powder, salt, and bread flour. If you happen to don’t have bread flour, simply use common all-purpose flour.
I do know it’s a lot simpler to make use of store-bought dough, however nothing compares to a do-it-yourself crust! Belief me, have a go at making this dough your self. It’s faster than pizza dough, and also you’ll be pleasantly stunned with how simply it comes collectively. There’s only one fast 1-hour rise.
The dough doesn’t want a lot time to rise, since you need it to remain fairly flat. After the transient rise, punch it right down to launch any air, after which roll it out into a ten×15-inch rectangle.
Dimple the dough everywhere in the floor along with your fingers, like we do when making focaccia. Then, brush it with melted butter (the dimples maintain onto the butter!). Bake it for 17–20 minutes. And because it cools, prep the toppings.
Components For the Veggie Pizza Topping
You’re making a savory cream cheese and Greek yogurt topping right here, and I really like to make use of on a regular basis seasonings like garlic and onion powders. Contemporary dill pairs fantastically with cream cheese, and be happy to additionally add some chopped recent parsley or basil. Unfold it on high of the crust.
Greatest Greens to Use:
Maintain the quantity round 3–4 cups, about the identical quantity of fruit you’d use for a fruit pizza. Crowd favorites embody:
- Chopped broccoli
- Colourful bell peppers
- Cherry tomatoes
- Shredded carrots
- It’s also possible to use cauliflower, sliced olives and/or radishes.
Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, scallion, and a few recent black pepper. Dig in!
If you happen to’re bringing this to a summer time gathering, you might also need to take into consideration dessert. (After all you need to take into consideration dessert!!) Listed here are 25+ tasty desserts for a BBQ cookout. 🙂
This veggie pizza combines a do-it-yourself flatbread-style crust, garlic and herb Greek yogurt cream cheese topping, and loads of crisp and recent greens on high. It’s a crowd favourite, and you should utilize no matter veggies you like. Make ahead-friendly!
Cream Cheese Topping
Greens & Garnish
- Put together the dough: Whisk the yeast, sugar, and heat water collectively within the bowl of your stand mixer. Loosely cowl and permit to take a seat for five–10 minutes till foamy and frothy on high. *If you don’t personal a stand mixer, you are able to do this in a big mixing bowl and within the subsequent step, combine the dough along with a big picket spoon/rubber spatula. It can take a little bit of arm muscle. A hand mixer works, however the sticky dough repeatedly will get caught within the beaters. Mixing by hand with a picket spoon or rubber spatula is a more sensible choice.*
- Add the flour, 2 Tablespoons (28g) melted butter, garlic powder, and salt. Combine on low pace with the dough hook attachment till mixed, about 2 minutes. The dough needs to be thick, but delicate and barely sticky. It ought to draw back from the perimeters of the bowl because it mixes. When it does, it is able to knead. If, nonetheless, the dough is simply too sticky to deal with, combine in additional flour, 1 Tablespoon at a time. Ensure you don’t add an excessive amount of additional flour; you desire a delicate, barely cheesy dough.
- Knead the dough: Maintain the dough within the mixer and beat with the dough hook on low pace for a further 6–8 minutes, or knead by hand on a calmly floured floor for six–8 minutes. After kneading, the dough ought to nonetheless really feel slightly delicate. Poke it along with your finger—if it slowly bounces again, your dough is able to rise.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl (I exploit nonstick spray to grease) and canopy with plastic wrap, aluminum foil, or a clear kitchen towel. Enable to take a seat and relaxation for 1 hour at room temperature. As soon as it has rested and barely risen, you possibly can proceed with the recipe or place the coated dough within the fridge for as much as 2 days. Extra directions within the make forward Word beneath.
- Preheat oven to 450°F (232°C).
- Form the dough: Punch the dough right down to launch any air. On a calmly floured floor with a calmly floured rolling pin, roll the dough into a ten×15-inch rectangle (doesn’t need to be actual) that’s about 1/4-inch thick. Don’t fear if it’s not an ideal rectangle, simply be certain the dough could be very skinny. Fastidiously switch dough to a parchment paper or silicone-mat lined baking sheet. (It’s also possible to form/roll out the doughs immediately on a silicone baking mat or a big sheet of parchment if that’s simpler for you after which simply switch the entire thing to the baking sheet.)
- Poke your fingers throughout the floor of the dough. Brush with remaining butter.
- Bake for 17–20 minutes or till the crust is golden brown. It’s okay if there are massive air bubbles within the crust. Take away from the oven, and permit crust to chill utterly or for no less than half-hour as you put together the toppings. Because the crust cools, use the again of a spoon to press down on any air bubbles to assist flatten the dough out. Because the dough cools, you possibly can chop the recent greens for the topping.
- Make the cream cheese topping: In a medium bowl utilizing a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese and yogurt collectively till easy. Beat within the dill, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Style, after which add extra seasonings if desired. Unfold onto barely cooled or absolutely cooled crust.
- Greens & garnish: Press the chopped greens calmly into the cream cheese topping. Organize any manner you’d like! Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, scallion, and shredded carrots (if utilizing). If desired, sprinkle calmly with freshly floor black pepper.
- Minimize into squares instantly, or cowl and refrigerate for as much as 24 hours earlier than slicing and serving. A pizza cutter isn’t excellent for this; simply use a pointy knife.
- Cowl and retailer leftovers within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
- Make Forward & Freezing Directions: The dough may be ready by means of step 4, then after it has risen, cowl and place within the fridge for as much as 2 days. Proceed with step 5. To freeze the dough, put together it by means of step 4. After it has risen, punch it right down to launch any air. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in a freezer-friendly container for as much as 3 months. When prepared to make use of, thaw the dough in a single day within the fridge. Then let the dough sit at room temperature for about 1 hour earlier than rolling out/shaping. If the thawed dough retains shrinking again as you attempt to form it, calmly cowl it with plastic wrap or a clear kitchen towel and let it relaxation on the counter or your work floor for quarter-hour. (The gluten simply wants an opportunity to settle.)
- Particular Instruments (affiliate hyperlinks): Stand Mixer | Baking Sheet | Silicone Baking Mat or Parchment Paper | Handheld Mixer (or stand mixer for cream cheese topping)
- Yeast: You should utilize on the spot or active-dry yeast with zero modifications. If you happen to’re new to working with yeast, I like to recommend reviewing my Baking with Yeast information. Word that 1 teaspoon is lower than 1 normal packet.
- Greens: Use your favourite recent greens, and hold the quantity round 3–4 cups. Chopped broccoli, colourful bell peppers, cucumbers, and cherry tomatoes are crowd favorites. It’s also possible to use cauliflower, sliced olives and/or radishes.
- Parmesan Cheese: I really like utilizing parmesan on this do-it-yourself chilly veggie pizza, however you would substitute crumbled feta or shredded cheddar cheese.
- Serving Measurement: 1 slice
- Energy: 140
- Sugar: 1.5 g
- Sodium: 224.4 mg
- Fats: 8.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.1 g
- Protein: 3.6 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 24.4 mg