This simple cheesecake recipe gives the entire yummy goodness of a traditional cheesecake however with means much less trouble and in a fraction of the time. Designed for a 9×13 inch baking dish, this recipe means that you can skip the springform pan and water tub and get straight to scrumptious consuming.
An Simple Cheesecake Recipe for a Crowd
I hear you. Cheesecake will be intimidating. I occur to like spending hours within the kitchen baking my favourite dessert however I additionally perceive that typically there’s simply not sufficient time! This simple cheesecake recipe is ideal for these moments.
A vanilla cheesecake filling over a traditional Graham Cracker crust brings to the desk the entire candy, tangy, creaminess of a traditional cheesecake. The cool half about it’s that it’s meant to be baked sans water tub and sans springform pan. So that you don’t want something fancier than a standard 9×13-inch baking pan. Plus, the entire thing is prepped, baked, and cooled in a fraction of the time it might take to make a standard cheesecake. Give it a attempt!
Why You’ll Love this Cheesecake Recipe
This easy, simple cheesecake recipe is ideal for these on the lookout for the entire joys of cheesecake with much less of the complexity. Listed here are some issues that make this recipe fairly incredible in my eyes.
- No water tub. Water baths are intimidating. I get it. This recipe is nice as a result of it takes away the fuss of utilizing one. Simply bake instantly within the oven in a 9×13-inch pan.
- No fancy pan. Most cheesecakes require you to make use of a 9-inch springform pan. It makes it simpler to take away the cake from the pan and serve. Not everybody has a springform pan, nonetheless, and this recipe means that you can make due with out one.
- It doesn’t take as lengthy. My simple cheesecake recipe requires fairly a bit much less baking and cooling time than does a traditional cheesecake. So you’ll be in your strategy to delighting your style buds very quickly.
- Versatile. As a result of that is “simply” a vanilla cheesecake, it is vitally versatile within the sense which you can prime it with just about something you’d like. Take a look at the “Toppings Concepts” part under for a few of my favorites.
- It travels effectively. No cake service wanted. This cheesecake comes out of the oven prepared to move to your subsequent gathering (after it cools and chills after all).
What You’ll Want
It doesn’t take a lot to make this straightforward vanilla cheesecake. Right here’s an inventory of what you’ll want. Scroll to the recipe under for detailed measurements.
For the crust
- Graham cracker crumbs – You may additionally use Nilla wafers and even oreos right here. Check with my Finest Oreo Cheesecake recipe to learn to use Oreos as a substitute.
- Sugar – Use granulated sugar right here.
- Butter – Salted or unsalted is ok.
For the filling
- Cream cheese – It is extremely necessary that the cream cheese is at room temperature. Whether it is too chilly, it won’t combine effectively with the opposite elements and you’ll find yourself with a clumpy filling. You additionally wish to use brick-style cream cheese, not the sort within the tub.
- Sugar – Use granulated sugar.
- All-purpose flour – Be at liberty to make use of your favourite 1:1 gluten-free flour as a substitute.
- Bitter cream – Just like the cream cheese, the bitter cream needs to be at room temperature with a view to obtain a clean batter.
- Vanilla extract
- Eggs – Begin with room-temperature giant eggs. They’ll incorporate extra simply with the opposite elements, providing you with a smoother filling.
Tips on how to Make This Cheesecake Recipe
In a fraction of the time it takes to make a traditional cheesecake, you should have your self a scrumptious dessert that sacrifices nothing within the realm of taste or texture. Here’s a transient rundown on the way to make this 9×13-inch simple cheesecake. Scroll to the recipe under for extra detailed directions.
To make the crust
- Prep. Preheat oven to 325°F and grease a 9×13 pan with baking spray.
- Mix the crust elements and press the combination into the underside of the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
To make the cheesecake
- Prep. Scale back the oven temperature to 300°F.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, and flour on low pace till clean earlier than including the bitter cream and vanilla extract and mixing till clean.
- Add the eggs separately, mixing till clean after every addition.
- Bake. Pour the batter over the crust and bake for half-hour.
- Cool. Flip off the oven and go away the cheesecake within the oven with the door closed for 20 minutes earlier than cracking the door and leaving it for an extra quarter-hour.
- Chill the cheesecake within the fridge for 3-4 hours.
Ideas for Success
Whereas this hassle-free cheesecake is way much less finicky than its traditional counterparts, there are a number of suggestions and tips used to make a standard cheesecake that also needs to be utilized right here. I’ve highlighted a number of under however be sure to take a look at my submit on Tips on how to Make the Excellent Cheesecake for extra.
- Begin with room-temperature elements. As with all cheesecake, it’s essential to start out with room-temperature cream cheese, bitter cream, and eggs. They’ll combine way more easily with one another and the opposite required elements than they’d in chilled kind. So, for a clean cheesecake filling, begin with these elements at room temperature.
- Don’t overmix the batter. Overmixing (or mixing on too excessive of a pace) cheesecake batter will incorporate air into the filling. The air bubbles work to trigger the cheesecake to crack because it bakes. So combine low and sluggish for a cheesecake that isn’t solely tasty but additionally visually interesting.
- Keep away from over-baking. If you need to keep away from a cracked, dry cheesecake, attempt to not overbake. Take a look at my submit on Tips on how to Know When Your Cheesecake is Finished for some pointers.
- Cool progressively. Permitting the cheesecake to sit down within the closed oven after which within the cracked oven after baking is a vital a part of the cheesecake course of. It’ll permit the dessert to bake absolutely with the additional benefit of stopping cracks within the cheesecake.
Considered one of my favourite issues about this fast vanilla cheesecake is the truth that it’s so versatile. It boasts a easy, vanilla taste which is the proper base for a wide range of toppings. Right here come a few of my favorites.
Tips on how to Retailer Cheesecake
Within the off likelihood that this creamy cheesecake doesn’t fly out of the pan inside the first couple of hours of being prepared, you’ll be able to simply retailer it within the fridge for as much as 4 days. Merely wrap the pan in saran wrap and place it within the fridge.
Can I Freeze It?
Sure, you’ll be able to! Simply wrap the pan in saran wrap and place it within the freezer. Alternatively, you’ll be able to slice the chilled cheesecake, flash freeze the items (pop them within the freezer for a few hours to agency up), and both wrap them individually or retailer them collectively in an hermetic container. For those who select to retailer the slices collectively, be sure to separate any layers with parchment paper to forestall sticking.
In both case, the cheesecake will preserve effectively within the freezer for as much as 3 months. When you’re able to take pleasure in, switch the cake or the specified parts to the fridge to thaw earlier than diving in.
Extra Cheesecake Recipes to Attempt
I really like cheesecake. I used to be thrilled to share this recipe with you as a result of I believe it makes my favourite dessert a bit extra accessible to the house baker. That being stated, I’ve a myriad of different cheesecake recipes to share with you. Listed here are some which were thrilling me currently.
A delightfully creamy vanilla cheesecake with a Graham Cracker crust however with no water tub or springform pan required? Signal me up!
For the crust
- 2 1/4 cups (302g) graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp (39g) sugar
- 10 tbsp (140g) salted butter, melted
For the filling
- 24 ounces (678g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup (207g) sugar
- 3 tbsp (24g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (230g) bitter cream, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 giant eggs, room temperature
To make the crust
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Grease a 9×13 pan with baking spray.
- Mix the crust elements in a small bowl. Press the combination into the underside of the ready pan.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes, then put aside to chill.
To make the cheesecake
- Scale back the oven temperature to 300°F (148°C).
- In a big bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour on low pace till effectively mixed and clean. Make sure you use low pace to cut back the quantity of air added to the batter, which might trigger cracks. Scrape down the edges of the bowl.
- Add the bitter cream and vanilla extract and blend on low pace till effectively mixed.
- Add the eggs separately, mixing slowly to mix after every addition. Scrape down the edges of the bowl as wanted to verify every part is effectively mixed.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the crust and unfold evenly. Bake the cheesecake for half-hour.
- Flip off the oven and go away the cheesecake within the oven with the door closed for 20 minutes.
- Crack the door of the oven, with the cheesecake inside, for quarter-hour. This sluggish cooling course of helps stop the cheesecake from cracking.
- Put the cheesecake within the fridge to chill fully, 3-4 hours.
- Serve the cheesecake together with your favourite toppings. I used my selfmade whipped cream and recent fruit. Retailer the cheesecake within the fridge, effectively lined. Cheesecake is finest if eaten inside 3-4 days.
- Serving Dimension: 1 Slice
- Energy: 417
- Sugar: 22.4 g
- Sodium: 355.2 mg
- Fats: 27.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 36.5 g
- Protein: 6.5 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 108.7 mg
Key phrases: simple cheesecake recipe, no water tub cheesecake