This Eggnog Cake is tremendous moist, tender, and FULL of eggnog taste! This spectacular Christmas cake will make you want eggnog wasn’t a seasonal ingredient. So yummy and excellent on your vacation celebration!
The Greatest Eggnog Cake Recipe
We’re enormous followers of eggnog in my family – I begin shopping for it the primary day I see it in shops! There’s one thing about that creamy-eggy-ness you could’t get anyplace else. So, after I take into consideration making Christmas desserts, eggnog is all the time part of the celebration.
Whereas eggnog can generally be a delicate taste, there’s no mistaking its presence on this cake. The Southern Consolation model is our favourite, in order that’s what I sometimes use, however be at liberty to make use of your favourite. common eggnog. Eggnog naturally non-alcoholic, so no want to fret about that you probably have youngsters who will probably be having fun with this cake with you.
This Eggnog Layer Cake sponge is good and moist, largely because of the addition of bitter cream. It maintains it’s gentle, ethereal texture due to the steps to cream the butter and whip the egg whites. So, no matter you do, don’t skip these steps. They’re key to a wonderful cake.
If you happen to discover you could’t get sufficient eggnog after making this attractive Christmas cake, take a look at a couple of extra eggnog concepts. You’ll love my recipe for Home made Eggnog, this Eggnog Cheesecake, and these Eggnog Cupcakes too!
Can I Flip These Into Cupcakes?
Sure! This recipe can simply be made into cupcakes. Comply with all of the instructions up till the half the place you divide the batter into the three cake pans. As an alternative, fill the cupcake liners simply over midway with the batter and bake for 16-18 minutes. You must solely must make about half of the frosting recipe. This eggnog cake recipe ought to yield about 24 cupcakes. Be at liberty to chop it in half in the event you solely need 12 cupcakes.
What You’ll Want
Right here’s all the pieces you’ll must make this exceptionally tasty eggnog layer cake at house. Scroll all the way down to the recipe card for precise quantities of every ingredient.
For the Eggnog Cake
- All-Function Flour – Be sure you measure it precisely so that you just don’t find yourself with a dry cake. I like to recommend utilizing a food scale, however you too can use the inside track and stage technique. Simply don’t pack the cup with flour.
- Baking Powder
- Spices – We’ll be utilizing floor nutmeg and salt.
- Unsalted Butter – Let your butter sit out on the counter for no less than an hour to return to room temperature. In case your butter is simply too chilly, it gained’t cream accurately with the sugar.
- Vanilla Extract
- Bitter Cream – Full-fat bitter cream will give this cake nice moisture – don’t skimp on the fats!
- Eggnog – Seize your favourite model!
- Water – A little bit of water is used so as to add extra moisture with out weighing the cake down and making it dense.
- Egg Whites – Separate the egg whites from the yolks (reserve them for one more meal or dessert) and allow them to come to room temperature.
For the Frosting
- Unsalted Butter – Make sure the butter is at room temperature.
- Powdered Sugar – Be at liberty to sift the sugar earlier than making the frosting if has sat for some time and appears lumping. This can assist stop any lumps in your frosting.
How you can Make this Eggnog Layer Cake
If you happen to’re going to make just one layer cake this 12 months, make it this one! Layer desserts generally is a labor of affection, however your family and friends will categorical their gratitude with each chunk. If you happen to love eggnog, that is the Christmas cake for you!
To Make the Eggnog Cake
- Put together for Baking. Put together three 8-inch cake pans with parchment paper circles on the underside and grease on the edges. Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C)
- Mix the Dry Components. Mix the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt in a medium-sized bowl and put aside.
- Cream the Butter and Sugar. Add the butter and sugar to a big mixing bowl and beat collectively till it turns into gentle in coloration and fluffy. This could take about 2-3 minutes. This step is important. Creaming the butter and sugar creates bubbles that may increase because the cake bakes, leading to a light-weight and fluffy crumb. If you happen to don’t whip them sufficient, you’ll find yourself with a denser cake than you need.
- Add Vanilla and Bitter Cream. Add the vanilla extract and bitter cream to the butter and blend till effectively mixed. Bitter cream provides unimaginable moisture and taste.
- Alternate Including the Dry Components and Eggnog. Subsequent, add about 1/2 of the dry substances, the eggnog/water combination, and the remaining dry substances, mixing totally with every step. Alternating the substances helps protect these valuable air bubbles we added when creaming the butter and sugar. Starting and ending with the dry substances helps to maintain the batter from curdling.
- Beat the Egg Whites. Add the egg whites to a big mixing bowl and whip on excessive velocity till delicate peaks type. Gently fold them into the remainder of the batter with a spatula in two elements till no streaks of white stay.
- Divide the Batter. As soon as the batter is absolutely mixed, divide it evenly between three 8-inch pans. I measure to make sure they’re even however be at liberty to eyeball it. I’m only a perfectionist. 🙂
- Bake. Bake the desserts for 20-25 minutes or till a toothpick comes out clear from the middle.
- Cool. Take away the desserts from the oven and permit them to chill for 2-3 minutes. Then, take away them to cooling racks to chill utterly. Whereas the desserts cool, begin on the frosting!
To Make the Frosting
- Beat the Butter. Add the butter to a big mixing bowl and beat on excessive velocity till easy and fluffy. Add half of the powdered sugar and beat till effectively mixed and easy.
- Add the Eggnog and Nutmeg. Add the eggnog and nutmeg to the frosting and beat till they’re absolutely integrated. Add the remaining powdered sugar and beat till easy and creamy. Add extra eggnog, if wanted.
To Frost the Cake
- Minimize the Layers. After the desserts are utterly cool, take away the domed tops with a big serrated knife, in order that they’re completely flat.
- Frost the Layers. Place the primary layer of cake on a cake stand. Add a cup of eggnog buttercream and unfold it into an excellent layer with an offset spatula. Place the second layer on prime. Add one other cup of the buttercream, smoothing it in the identical approach. Prime with the third layer of cake. Frost the skin of the eggnog cake with the remainder of the buttercream. If you happen to’d like a bit of steering on making a easy cake end, take a look at my tutorial on the best way to frost a easy cake.
- Embellish. Pipe little shells across the prime and backside borders of the cake. I used an Ateco tip 847 for the highest garnishes and a Wilton tip 21 for the underside.
- Retailer within the Fridge. Be sure you retailer the cake within the fridge earlier than serving. I wish to take mine out no less than 20 minutes earlier than serving to let it return to room temperature. I discover all cake to be moister and tastier that approach.
How you can Retailer Leftover Eggnog Cake
Retailer leftover Eggnog Cake within the fridge for as much as 5 days. I like to make use of a cake carrier that holds the entire cake, however you too can use a big common Tupperware container. While you’re able to eat, let the slices sit out on the counter for about 20 minutes or so for the perfect expertise.
Attempt These Different Eggnog Desserts
Watch How you can Make Eggnog Layer Cake
This Eggnog Cake is tremendous moist, fluffy, and FULL of eggnog taste! This spectacular Christmas cake will make you want eggnog wasn’t a seasonal ingredient. So yummy and excellent on your vacation celebration!
- 2 1/2 cups (325g) all goal flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp floor nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (168g) unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 1/2 cups (310g) sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (115g) bitter cream
- 1 cup (240ml) eggnog
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 6 massive egg whites, room temperature
- 3 cups (672g) unsalted butter
- 12 cups (1380g) powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup (120ml) eggnog
- 3/4 tsp floor nutmeg
- Put together three 8 inch cake pans with parchment paper circles within the backside and grease the edges. Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Mix the flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt in a medium sized bowl and put aside.
- Add the butter and sugar to a big mixer bowl and beat collectively till gentle in coloration and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Don’t skimp on the creaming time.
- Add the vanilla extract and bitter cream and blend till effectively mixed.
- Add half of the dry substances to the batter and blend till largely mixed. Slowly add the eggnog and water and blend till effectively mixed. Add the remaining dry substances and blend till effectively mixed and easy. Scrape down the edges of the bowl as wanted to make certain all substances are effectively integrated. Don’t over combine the batter. Put aside.
- Add the egg whites to a big mixing bowl and whip on excessive velocity till delicate peaks type.
- Rigorously fold the egg whites into the remainder of the cake batter in two elements, till no streaks of egg white stay.
- Divide the batter evenly between the desserts pans and bake for 20-25 minutes, or till a toothpick comes out with a couple of crumbs.
- Take away the desserts from the oven and permit to chill for about 2-3 minutes, then take away to cooling racks to chill utterly.
- Whereas desserts cool, make the frosting. Add the butter to a big mixing bowl and beat till easy.
- Add half of the powdered sugar and beat till effectively mixed and easy.
- Add the eggnog and nutmeg and beat till mixed.
- Add remaining powdered sugar and beat till mixed and easy.
- When the desserts are cool, take away the tops of the desserts with a big serrated knife so they’re flat.
- Place the primary layer of cake on cake stand. Prime with one cup of eggnog buttercream and unfold into an excellent layer.
- Add second layer of cake, then one other cup of eggnog buttercream. Prime cake with remaining cake layer.
- Frost the skin of the cake with the remaining buttercream. Comply with my tutorial for frosting a easy cake, if wanted.
- Pipe shells across the prime and bottoms borders of the cake. I used Ateco tip 847 for the highest and Wilton tip 21 for the underside.
- Retailer the cake in an hermetic container within the fridge. Serve at room temperature. Cake is greatest if eaten with 3-4 days.
This may be made as cupcakes. Fill liners simply over half approach with batter and bake for 16-18 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted comes out with a couple of crumbs. Ought to make about 24 cupcakes. You must solely want about half of the frosting recipe.
- Serving Dimension: 1 Slice
- Energy: 903
- Sugar: 129.2 g
- Sodium: 99.1 mg
- Fats: 36.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 144.2 g
- Protein: 4.5 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 66.9 mg
Key phrases: eggnog cake, christmas cake, eggnog cake recipe, christmas cake concepts, eggnog layer cake