These vivid strawberry cookies get their taste from actual strawberries–no cake combine or extract wanted. My recipe is fast and requires NO chilling! Recipe features a how-to video!
Strawberry Cookies With Actual Strawberries
These tremendous smooth strawberry cookies are loaded with unimaginable, contemporary taste, due to freeze-dried strawberries. That’s proper, these fairly pink cookies include no synthetic flavors, boxed strawberry cake combine, or gelatin! As an alternative, they depend on completely ripe, REAL strawberries that incorporate fantastically into the dough.
When testing this recipe, I did make a couple of makes an attempt to make use of contemporary strawberries as an alternative of freeze dried, however all have been unsuccessful, or a minimum of they weren’t nearly as good as I knew they might be. Utilizing contemporary berries launched plenty of extra moisture into the dough (even after I cooked the berries down on the stovetop), making the cookies cakey (for those who’ve made my pumpkin cookies, you know the way I really feel about cakey cookies) and actually simply missing in strawberry taste.
So I selected to make use of freeze-dried berries for the brightest (and most constant) strawberry taste, very like in my strawberry frosting!
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- NO chilling required!
- No synthetic flavors (and the choice to skip the meals coloring too).
- Solely 8 elements!
- Lower than half an hour to make.
- Makes use of REAL strawberries (they’re freeze-dried, however they’re nonetheless actual!)!
What You Want
In addition to the berries, you’ll want a couple of different primary elements, all of which needs to be in your pantry already.
- Freeze-dried strawberries. These are actual strawberries which have been sliced and dehydrated. No extra elements needs to be added to them. They’re mild, crisp, and tremendous flavorful! We’ll course of these right into a high quality powder utilizing a meals processor earlier than including them to our strawberry cookies. Can’t discover them in your native grocery retailer? Amazon sells them too!
- Flour. Be sure to know the way to measure flour correctly; including an excessive amount of flour to the dough may cause dry cookies that don’t unfold a lot.
- Butter. Use unsalted butter since we’re including salt ourselves. Ensure that your butter is softened, however don’t let it get too melty, or your cookies will unfold an excessive amount of. If all you’ve gotten available is salted butter, you’ll be able to cut back the salt within the recipe to ¼ teaspoon–I speak about this conversion in my salted vs. unsalted butter submit!
- Sugar. We’ll add granulated sugar to the dough itself after which use a bit extra for rolling the strawberry cookies earlier than they bake.
- Meals coloring. That is non-compulsory, however it does give the cookies a reasonably pink coloration. I like to recommend utilizing gel meals coloring for one of the best outcomes.
SAM’S TIP: Watch out to not over-bake your cookies! It will make them dry and tremendously have an effect on their style. These cookies lose a lot of their strawberry taste if overcooked.
Keep in mind, that is simply an summary of the elements I used and why. For the complete recipe please scroll right down to the underside of the submit!
Find out how to Make Strawberry Cookies
- Pulverize the freeze dried strawberries into high quality powder utilizing a meals processor. Put aside one tablespoon for rolling later.
- Beat collectively the butter and sugar with an electrical mixer on medium excessive velocity till creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Stir within the strawberry powder (not the reserved tablespoon) till mixed, then stir within the meals coloring, if utilizing.
- Add the egg and stir till mixed.
- Whisk collectively the dry elements in a separate bowl, then steadily add them into the strawberry combination in three components.
- Make the rolling combination – Whisk collectively the reserved strawberry powder and ¼ cup granulated sugar. Roll 1½ tablespoon sized dough balls by way of the sugar combination.
- Place the dough balls 2″ aside on a parchment lined sheet and bake for 11 minutes at 350F.
- Let the cookies cool for a couple of minutes on their sheet earlier than transferring to a cooling rack to chill utterly.
SAM’S TIP: Ensure that to let your baking sheet cool utterly between batches. Including the cookie dough to a scorching (and even heat) sheet might end in runny, messy strawberry cookies.
Regularly Requested Questions
Completely not! Meals coloring is useful for a real pink coloration (or a scorching pink coloration, like I clearly opted for), and your strawberry cookies will merely be a lot prettier this fashion. In case you don’t care in regards to the coloration, you’ll be able to skip the meals coloring, however simply know the cookies will probably be a extra pure, brownish coloration for those who do. I present an instance of an un-dyed cookie within the video (and un-dyed is often how I feed them to my youngsters!).
I haven’t tried this myself, however I believe that every other freeze dried berry would work simply high quality right here.
In case you do that recipe with one other kind of freeze dried fruit, please let me know the way it works for you within the feedback!
Sure! You may make this dough as much as 5 days upfront. In case you’d wish to freeze the dough, observe the directions for rolled cookies in my the way to freeze cookie dough submit.
Love fruity cookies? Strive my lemon cookies subsequent!
Take pleasure in!
Let’s bake collectively! I’ll be strolling you thru all of the steps in my written recipe and video beneath! In case you do that recipe, be sure you tag me on Instagram, and you can too discover me on YouTube and Facebook
Servings: 22 cookies
Forestall your display from going darkish
Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
Place freeze-dried strawberries in a meals processor and pulse repeatedly till they’re floor to a high quality mud. Measure out 1 Tablespoon of high quality powder and place in a small dish (for rolling the cookies).
2 ½ cups (45 g) freeze-dried strawberries
Mix butter and granulated sugar in giant bowl and use an electrical mixer to beat till well-creamed (about 2 minutes on md-high velocity).
1 cup (226 g) unsalted butter, 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
Add strawberry powder (minus the Tablespoon which you’ll reserve for later) and stir on low-speed till mixed.
If desired, add pink meals coloring till desired coloration is achieved.
Pink meals coloring
Stir in egg till mixed.
1 giant egg
In a separate dish, whisk collectively flour, salt, and baking soda. With mixer on low-speed, steadily add to the strawberry combination in 3 components, stirring till utterly mixed.
1 ¾ cups (215 g) all-purpose flour, ¾ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon baking soda
Take your reserved strawberry powder from earlier and add ¼ cup (50 g) of granulated sugar. Whisk till well-combined.
¼ cup (50 g) granulated sugar
Scoop dough by degree 1 ½ Tablespoon and roll between your palms to make a clean ball. Roll by way of the strawberry/sugar combination till utterly coated and place on a parchment lined baking sheet, spacing a minimum of 2” aside.
Bake in middle rack of 350F (175C) oven for 11 minutes. Permit cookies to chill on baking sheet for a number of minutes earlier than utilizing a spatula to fastidiously switch to a cooling rack to chill utterly earlier than having fun with.
These are often offered within the grocery retailer within the dried fruit and nut part. I place these in a meals processor and pulverize till they’re a high quality mud.
Retailer in an hermetic container at room temperature for as much as 5 days.
Serving: 1cookie | Energy: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 1g | Fats: 9g | Saturated Fats: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fats: 2g | Trans Fats: 0.3g | Ldl cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 108mg | Potassium: 374mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 269IU | Vitamin C: 329mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 6mg
Dietary data is predicated on third-party calculations and needs to be thought of an estimate solely. Precise dietary content material will range primarily based upon manufacturers used, measuring strategies, cooking technique, portion sizes, and extra.